device driver windows keeps popping up

Hello,
Not sure why this is happening, but just started after (6) months of
using this HP laptop.

Anytime I reboot, about three minutes after my desktop loads, I get a
window that says:

Device Driver Installation Wizard
Installation Results

and the space below this is blank

This is an HP 7310us laptop with XP SP2 Home.

I have nothing in the Startup folder, and have read where I should
check the msconfig startup. But there are many things checked that say
HP, but can't tell which one may be causing this. Does anyone know
what to uncheck here, or maybe the problem is elsewhere?

Thanks.

bytor

In article <1123447252.816833.247760@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
rjmiller@adelphia.net, says...
> Hello,
> Not sure why this is happening, but just started after (6) months of
> using this HP laptop.
>
> Anytime I reboot, about three minutes after my desktop loads, I get a
> window that says:
>
> Device Driver Installation Wizard
> Installation Results
>
> and the space below this is blank
>
> This is an HP 7310us laptop with XP SP2 Home.
>
> I have nothing in the Startup folder, and have read where I should
> check the msconfig startup. But there are many things checked that say
> HP, but can't tell which one may be causing this. Does anyone know
> what to uncheck here, or maybe the problem is elsewhere?
>
> Thanks.

A little advice.......If that is your real Email you are posting than
change it to something phony or add characters and ask to reply by
removing the added characters..............Never post a real email, bots
can pick it right up..........

Hi,

Try clearing the temp folders:

C:\Windows\temp
C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\local settings\temp

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone