Recently I was on a craigslist discussion forum (for the first time). When I
came back in to my computer after I'd been offline for quite some time I
found that my ISP icon was active again. I had absolutely disconnected it
before I left the computer. I tried serveral times to disconnect it but
could not disconnect it without shutting down my computer.

Is there a way to search my computer to see if it has been recently hacked?

I have AVG Free and MS Antispyware (set to scan at 4 a.m. and manual
updating) with my XP (Home) firewall activated. I have a dial up ISP.

I'm not sure what other info you need to help me troubleshoot, so please
advise if more into needed.

thanks

dl

If its dial up check your internet connections to determin if a second
dialup has been configured, or that the dialup # has been changed

"Novice User" <NoviceUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently I was on a craigslist discussion forum (for the first time).
When I
> came back in to my computer after I'd been offline for quite some time I
> found that my ISP icon was active again. I had absolutely disconnected it
> before I left the computer. I tried serveral times to disconnect it but
> could not disconnect it without shutting down my computer.
>
> Is there a way to search my computer to see if it has been recently
hacked?

> I have AVG Free and MS Antispyware (set to scan at 4 a.m. and manual
> updating) with my XP (Home) firewall activated. I have a dial up ISP.
>
> I'm not sure what other info you need to help me troubleshoot, so please
> advise if more into needed.
>
> thanks

I don't see any evidence of that. There is only the ISP's connection under
control panel/Internet connections. Is there somewhere else I should look?