Lost Administrative Tools

deb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003

I had a new hard drive installed and my o/s and files were ghosted onto the
new drive. Now I don't have any of the files in Administrative Tools and all
of my files within the start menu are empty. Now I can always put shortcuts
in, but I would really like to restore the files. (oh ya.. system restore
is also gone... says it's only monitoring the old drive which is now f:\)
HELP PLEASE before I have to reinstall Windows.

Malke

Deb wrote:

> I had a new hard drive installed and my o/s and files were ghosted
> onto the
> new drive. Now I don't have any of the files in Administrative Tools
> and all
> of my files within the start menu are empty. Now I can always put
> shortcuts
> in, but I would really like to restore the files. (oh ya.. system
> restore
> is also gone... says it's only monitoring the old drive which is now
> f:\) HELP PLEASE before I have to reinstall Windows.

Administrative tools are missing:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admintools.htm or try line 299:

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a new hard drive installed and my o/s and files were ghosted onto the
> new drive. Now I don't have any of the files in Administrative Tools and
> all
> of my files within the start menu are empty. Now I can always put
> shortcuts
> in, but I would really like to restore the files. (oh ya.. system
> restore
> is also gone... says it's only monitoring the old drive which is now f:\)
> HELP PLEASE before I have to reinstall Windows.

Sometimes when you ghost files and add a hard drive, System Restore will not
recognize the other Drive. I have encountered this before with clients. The
solution was to Turn Off System Restore and reboot. When you have logged in
after the reboot, turn on System Restore. All the drives should be in the
list.

Good Luck.

--
William