games crashing

i have a amd 2400+ , 512 ddr ram and a ge force fx5700 256mb, and whenever i play any games either it would reboot for no reason but mostly im getting runtime error abnormal program termination i click ok and im back at the desktop every driver for everything is updated also all udpates from windows, what is there else to do
1 answer Last reply
More about games crashing
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    "Clorox" <Clorox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C15F5CC-CBB9-4DFC-84A1-856E78C75BB5@microsoft.com...
    | i have a amd 2400+ , 512 ddr ram and a ge force fx5700 256mb, and whenever i play any games either it would reboot for no
    reason but mostly im getting runtime error abnormal program termination i click ok and im back at the desktop every driver for
    everything is updated also all udpates from windows, what is there else to do

    Here are some known solutions for tackling Kernel 32 Errors,
    Invalid Page Faults, and Exception Errors. For exception errors try:
    http://www.wintrouble.net/discus/messages/56/2250.html?980120325
    For STOP errors try this great pg: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

    1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
    programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
    blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

    You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm

    2. Reinstall the game to overcome any data corruption:
    a. Backup any saved games and/or mods to a safe location.
    b. Uninstall the game using Control Panel / Add-Remove programs.
    c. Clear any references to the game leftover in your registry using:
    d. After a reboot close & exit your Antivirus and any other programs
    using this method: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=331796
    e. Install the game again from your original CD, do not use a backup.
    f. Don't reuse the saved games/mods until you properly test the game.

    3. Run a Virus Scan: http://housecall.antivirus.com

    4. Remove any Adware, Spyware or Trojans using Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de

    5. Finally, if none of the above works, Microsoft has an extensive troubleshooter
    which applies to all games, including the titles listed in beginning of the article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280068#ScopeCause4

    6. Windows XP has an Error Reporting feature. With this feature, you can
    automatically view responses to Windows error reports. After you submit
    an error report, you can immediately view any available information that
    relates to the issue, such as hotfixes, workarounds, or other relevant info."

    Download the Windows XP Error Reporting Update from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&familyid=A1C6C3D8-5053-436E-B898-9CD995292BAA&displaylang=en

    I know those are quite a few steps. I hope you're patient enough to use them. :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Games Microsoft Video Games