Sound,Stand By, Your hard drive is to full.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hey Guys,

I just re installed windows Xp on my computer and know I don't have sound
and my stand by option is grey so it won't let mew click it. Also my H drive
is too full I need help can I move this into my c drive or can I put some
more space in my H drive?

Malke

Frank wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I just re installed windows Xp on my computer and know I don't have
> sound
> and my stand by option is grey so it won't let mew click it. Also my
> H drive is too full I need help can I move this into my c drive or can
> I put some more space in my H drive?

You have to install drivers for:

1. Motherboard (chipset)
2. Video
3. Audio
4. Various other drivers

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The card mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard video; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the
drivers.

I have no idea what your H: drive is and what is on it, so I can't
answer that question. If you have data on it, burn it to cd-r and then
delete it.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers