Sign in with
Your question

Lcd and gaming

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 12, 2009 5:22:14 PM

Hi everyone...

I am currently having 17inch (4:3) CRT. ...& thinking of upgrading to 23inch lcd (16:9),.my question is ---- will the gaming performance get affected..I mean whether it will get slow or remain normal...

SPECS:-

P4 - 3.2GHz
DDR2- 2GB (800 MHz) 512mb (533 MHz)
Intel 945GTP
nvidia 9500GT (1GB DDR2)
160 GB SATA
idt sigmatel on board (sound card)
17inch CRT
Also...I want to buy a economic good sound card (gaming purpose as well) , as my onboard card (sigmatel) is quite annoying with vista & window 7... plz suggest me one.

plz forgive for broken language and knowledge and plz reply to my both problems thanks…

More about : lcd gaming

November 13, 2009 6:17:35 PM

The change in resolution from a 17" monitor to a 23" monitor will definitely put a lot more strain on your 9500GT when gaming.

I recommend a graphics card upgrade to go with the monitor upgrade.
The HD 5750 would give you a very noticeable performance increase and perform well at the resolutions a typical 23" monitor operates at. You'd also be able to take advantage of DX11 from Windows 7.

The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 is a fantastic audio card for gamers and won't give you any troubles with Windows 7. Just download the latest drivers from Creative's web site.

November 14, 2009 11:10:48 AM

TheViper said:
The change in resolution from a 17" monitor to a 23" monitor will definitely put a lot more strain on your 9500GT when gaming.

I recommend a graphics card upgrade to go with the monitor upgrade.
The HD 5750 would give you a very noticeable performance increase and perform well at the resolutions a typical 23" monitor operates at. You'd also be able to take advantage of DX11 from Windows 7.

The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 is a fantastic audio card for gamers and won't give you any troubles with Windows 7. Just download the latest drivers from Creative's web site.

thanks man for ur reply but could tell me the price range of creative sound blaster..
Related resources
!