TECH: Any Need For Mylar After ClearCoat

Hi all,

Almost finished the touch ups on my HSII and it will be going to get
Cleared next week, now my question is when I get it back is it really
necessary to put Mylar's back on, this machine had 3 factory ones fitted,
one was on the pop bumper area and the other 2 were where the 2 wire form
ramps drop the ball back on the Playfield, I know may on here have Cleared
their Playfields so I just thought I would get your opinions on Mylar's,
thanks

Kevin

In ball drop areas, I'd put the mylar down. It's possible to get "ghosting"
from the impact of the ball.

Carefully applied mylar in the ball drops will not be easy to detect and
should hopefully prevent or reduce ghosting.

As for the pops, unless a ball drops in that area I wouldn't bother.

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Sojourner353" <sojourner@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Almost finished the touch ups on my HSII and it will be going to get
> Cleared next week, now my question is when I get it back is it really
> necessary to put Mylar's back on, this machine had 3 factory ones fitted,
> one was on the pop bumper area and the other 2 were where the 2 wire form
> ramps drop the ball back on the Playfield, I know may on here have Cleared
> their Playfields so I just thought I would get your opinions on Mylar's,
> thanks
>
> Kevin

I've seen DP'ed playfields look worse than mylared in drop areas. I
just cleared my HS2 an only put the mylar on the 2 drop spots. You
could consider putting the mylar rings around the bumpers. If it's
going to HUO, I wouldn't bother, though.
-Gregg

Rob G wrote:
> From my experience, mylar does little to protect from the ghosting. :(
>

> --
>

> Rob
>
> "John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
> > In ball drop areas, I'd put the mylar down. It's possible to get
> > "ghosting" from the impact of the ball.
> >
> > Carefully applied mylar in the ball drops will not be easy to detect and
> > should hopefully prevent or reduce ghosting.
> >
> > As for the pops, unless a ball drops in that area I wouldn't bother.
> >

> > --
> > http://www.myhomegameroom.com
> >

> > "Sojourner353" <sojourner@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Almost finished the touch ups on my HSII and it will be going to get
> >> Cleared next week, now my question is when I get it back is it really
> >> necessary to put Mylar's back on, this machine had 3 factory ones fitted,
> >> one was on the pop bumper area and the other 2 were where the 2 wire form
> >> ramps drop the ball back on the Playfield, I know may on here have
> >> Cleared their Playfields so I just thought I would get your opinions on
> >> Mylar's, thanks
> >>
> >> Kevin

From my experience, mylar does little to protect from the ghosting. :(

--

Rob

"John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
> In ball drop areas, I'd put the mylar down. It's possible to get
> "ghosting" from the impact of the ball.
>
> Carefully applied mylar in the ball drops will not be easy to detect and
> should hopefully prevent or reduce ghosting.
>
> As for the pops, unless a ball drops in that area I wouldn't bother.
>

> --
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>

> "Sojourner353" <sojourner@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Almost finished the touch ups on my HSII and it will be going to get
>> Cleared next week, now my question is when I get it back is it really
>> necessary to put Mylar's back on, this machine had 3 factory ones fitted,
>> one was on the pop bumper area and the other 2 were where the 2 wire form
>> ramps drop the ball back on the Playfield, I know may on here have
>> Cleared their Playfields so I just thought I would get your opinions on
>> Mylar's, thanks
>>
>> Kevin

Thanks for the replies, I didn't really want to put one around the
bumpers again as my HSII was badly damaged from the one that was there from
factory.

Just a question Gregg, what is HUO, have seen it before on here but cant
make anything of it, thanks.

Kevin

<gixxerdude1000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've seen DP'ed playfields look worse than mylared in drop areas. I
> just cleared my HS2 an only put the mylar on the 2 drop spots. You
> could consider putting the mylar rings around the bumpers. If it's
> going to HUO, I wouldn't bother, though.
> -Gregg
>
> Rob G wrote:
>> From my experience, mylar does little to protect from the ghosting. :(
>>

>> --
>>

>> Rob
>>
>> "John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
>> > In ball drop areas, I'd put the mylar down. It's possible to get
>> > "ghosting" from the impact of the ball.
>> >
>> > Carefully applied mylar in the ball drops will not be easy to detect
>> > and
>> > should hopefully prevent or reduce ghosting.
>> >
>> > As for the pops, unless a ball drops in that area I wouldn't bother.
>> >

>> > --
>> > http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>> >

>> > "Sojourner353" <sojourner@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

HUO = Home Use Only

-Danny

> Thanks for the replies, I didn't really want to put one around the
> bumpers again as my HSII was badly damaged from the one that was there
> from factory.
>
> Just a question Gregg, what is HUO, have seen it before on here but
> cant make anything of it, thanks.
>
> Kevin
>
> <gixxerdude1000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I've seen DP'ed playfields look worse than mylared in drop areas. I
>> just cleared my HS2 an only put the mylar on the 2 drop spots. You
>> could consider putting the mylar rings around the bumpers. If it's
>> going to HUO, I wouldn't bother, though.
>> -Gregg
>>
>> Rob G wrote:
>>> From my experience, mylar does little to protect from the ghosting. :(
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>>> Rob
>>>
>>> "John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message

Ahh ok, that makes sence, thanks.

"Danny" <dannym991@removethis.comcast.net> wrote in message
> HUO = Home Use Only
>
> -Danny
>
> "Sojourner353" <sojourner@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the replies, I didn't really want to put one around the
>> bumpers again as my HSII was badly damaged from the one that was there
>> from factory.
>>
>> Just a question Gregg, what is HUO, have seen it before on here but
>> cant make anything of it, thanks.
>>
>> Kevin
>>
>> <gixxerdude1000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> I've seen DP'ed playfields look worse than mylared in drop areas. I
>>> just cleared my HS2 an only put the mylar on the 2 drop spots. You
>>> could consider putting the mylar rings around the bumpers. If it's
>>> going to HUO, I wouldn't bother, though.
>>> -Gregg

TRENDING THREADS