Help! I can't change the pagefile size...

Also I should've said - the only odd behaviour i've noticed is that I'm
fairly sure the system is fractionally slower and that the standby
button is no longer available in that it's greyed out on the shutdown
page. Weird!
I've got AVG, Sygate firewall and spyware gaurd.
Thanks again

--
african65

I am not 100% sure but those symptoms sound like your hard drive might be
full or out of space. All three are very dependent on free hard drive space.
It has been noted that a hard drive "Performance" is reduced once the drive
reaches 10-15% free space. If you need to delete temporary files or old
backup files, I would suggest using Cleanup!. After a significant amount of
space has been cleared, I would also defrag for an increase in "performance".
Let me know if this helps.