Help! I can't change the pagefile size...

August 8, 2005 3:09:05 AM

Hello there.
I'm a bit of a novice at all this so I hope somebody can help me.
Basically I've started getting a message in XP that 'windows has
created a temporary pagefile etc' when I try and change the size of it.
It won't get past the 'loading your settings' log in page unless I
cnrtl+alt+del it whilst starting up.
I can manage to turn the pagefile off as it were in the settings but
when I start up i get a warning that the pagefile is too small.
I have 1Gb Ram and use my computer for audio applications.
I hope you can help!
Cheers all

--
african65

More about : change pagefile size

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 3:09:06 AM

The absolute best article on this area is Virtual Memory in Windows XP by Alex Nichol.
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm

Digest/review that article. It will help you in your decision to modify the Pagefile size.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

!