With component video cables screen is all red

Last response: in Home Theatre
February 20, 2011 5:10:08 AM

Hello,
I connected my new DVD to my LCD TV using component cable:
Red--> Red
Green --> Green
Blue --> Blue
The screen displays only the red color. With Composite yellow RCA all the colors are there. What's the bug?
February 25, 2011 3:51:50 AM

Never heard of this one before. I'd suggest first trying a different set of component cables. Have you used those same cables on any other TV before without problem?

m
l
March 7, 2011 6:25:14 AM

Here is the solution: The DVD remote has a video button.
1. The DVD player must be empty of DVD/Disk.
2. On the TV set select yPbPr option view mode.
3. On DVD remote, click several time on video button until the image shows YPbPr selection from the DVD , then the screen should correctly display. ( this way you will control which output is chosen among the available ones: SCART, Composit, HDMI, component...).
m
l
Related resources
March 12, 2011 3:07:23 AM

Look for a toggle switch on the back of the player to switch between video output types. If there is no physical switch, there will be one in the Setup menu for the player.
m
l
March 15, 2011 11:10:03 AM

i think you neeed a new pair of cables. Good luck.
m
l
March 22, 2011 6:22:22 AM

Mark_69 said:
i think you neeed a new pair of cables. Good luck.

No this not the problem, I already gave the solution:

The DVD remote has a video button.
3. On DVD remote, click several time on video button until the image shows YPbPr selection from the DVD , then the screen should correctly display. ( this way you will control which output is chosen among the available ones: SCART, Composit, HDMI, component...).

m
l
February 10, 2012 8:54:36 PM

dovbell said:
Hello,
I connected my new DVD to my LCD TV using component cable:
Red--> Red
Green --> Green
Blue --> Blue
The screen displays only the red color. With Composite yellow RCA all the colors are there. What's the bug?

Hi Go into DVD setting menu on dvd and change output from s video to component out. This should fix red colour when using component cables
m
l
January 2, 2013 6:13:16 AM

dovbell said:
Here is the solution: The DVD remote has a video button.

This worked for us - player had been working, then went to watch a new movie and the screen was red. The DVD player had been sitting empty for a few minutes and somebody must have pressed the video button by mistake. Took the DVD out and cycled through the "video" button on the dvd remote, Cheers!
m
l
!