Sign in with
Your question

Samsung 2333SW+ vs P2350. Any reason not to buy?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 14, 2009 7:26:47 AM

Hi. I'd really appreciate input from anyone who has experience with either of these monitors, or has heard something definitive about them. Looking at the specs they look identical but the P2350 has 2ms response time but I'm not really bothered about that as all games show motion blur even on a CRT (for some reason).

The monitor is for 360 gaming exclusively. And I can get both for the same price.

What's important to me is image quality, good contrast ratio, minimum blacklight bleed (especially that), minimum dead pixels, easy to assemble base and long life.

I'm not bothered about styling, or HDMI (I have an adapter), or speakers (I use a mimi system for sound), or response time (within reason).

They both have the specs I'm looking for and they're both Samsung. But knowing me I'll get one and constantly wonder if I should have got the other one. So as silly as this sounds I'd appreciate platitudes and assurances that I'm not making a mistake because then I can tell myself "Well, everyone said this is a good one so it must be alright." That will help a lot. :) 

Or if neither one is really any better than the other is there any reason not to get either of these? If anyone has heard anything bad about them or something.

Many thanks.
November 14, 2009 7:29:17 AM

By the way, the site would not allow me to post this message in Flat Panels/LCDs. It just kept saying "You must specify a subsection!" So I had no choice but to place it here.

If a mod sees this could you move it please?
December 11, 2009 10:52:55 AM

I bought P2350 a couple of months ago, right now its connected to my on board video(analog). Downloaded the latest software magicbright from samsung site, lets you control colour, brightness etc. without the need to touch panel buttons. As far as movie performance its good, most of them are secretmyth brrip. Need to see how it performs in digital connected to a GPU. Set the preset to movie, full color and dynamic contrast on in panel settings.

After two days i got a dead pixel (green dot), registered a complaint. Tech ppl said panel has to be changed. After nearly two months still they couldn't get a panel. Service is very poor.

~jak~
!