Dell support options

Since people don't care for overseas support from Dell I will let you
in on some not too well known information. As you probably know
businesses revolted big time when Dell decided to move support
overseas. So businesses have US based support. Employee purchase plan
users also have the same support. Dell offers EPP plans to almost
everyone. Anyone who has a child in school or is involved in education
and almost any big business qualifies.

The link below is for education
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/contact?c=us&cs=223
6&l=en&s=eep&~ck=pn

This is the top link for the EPP plan. I have found you can contact
EPP support even if you did not purchase the computer under the EPP
program

Wayne

You need to make sure that you include the line immediately below your link.
I was under the impression that only purchases made through the Business
page links on the Dell site were eligible for their business support, which
is US based. I know several people who purchased their Dell computers
through the Dell Home pages that have called the Dell Business support lines
only to be immediately referred to Dell Home Support when they submit their
machine tags and serial numbers.

I have actually connected with US based Dell Technical Support a couple of
times when calling. No off-shore call center. Of course, I have also
spoken with techs in India.

"Good day and thank you for calling Dell Technical Support. How may I be of
assistance?" Spoken with a distinctly Indian/British accent.

"wayne" <nope@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Since people don't care for overseas support from Dell I will let you
> in on some not too well known information. As you probably know
> businesses revolted big time when Dell decided to move support
> overseas. So businesses have US based support. Employee purchase plan
> users also have the same support. Dell offers EPP plans to almost
> everyone. Anyone who has a child in school or is involved in education
> and almost any big business qualifies.
>
> The link below is for education
> http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/contact?c=us&cs=223
> 6&l=en&s=eep&~ck=pn
>
> This is the top link for the EPP plan. I have found you can contact
> EPP support even if you did not purchase the computer under the EPP
> program
>
> Wayne

The last time I had to use business support, it was still overseas, but you are right, the tech help for the EPP/FSS program is US based and really good.
--
Cyndi

Kevin wrote:

> You need to make sure that you include the line immediately below your link.
> I was under the impression that only purchases made through the Business
> page links on the Dell site were eligible for their business support, which
> is US based. I know several people who purchased their Dell computers
> through the Dell Home pages that have called the Dell Business support lines
> only to be immediately referred to Dell Home Support when they submit their
> machine tags and serial numbers.
>
> <snip>

A Business purchase, whether it's from the Small Business Division, or higher,
doesn't guarantee US based support.

You've got to opt for Gold Tech Support (or whatever it's currently being
called),
which usually costs an additional fee.

Notan

> Kevin wrote:
>>
>> You need to make sure that you include the line immediately below your
>> link.
>> I was under the impression that only purchases made through the Business
>> page links on the Dell site were eligible for their business support,
>> which
>> is US based. I know several people who purchased their Dell computers
>> through the Dell Home pages that have called the Dell Business support
>> lines
>> only to be immediately referred to Dell Home Support when they submit
>> their
>> machine tags and serial numbers.
>>
>> <snip>
>
> A Business purchase, whether it's from the Small Business Division, or
> higher,
> doesn't guarantee US based support.
>
> You've got to opt for Gold Tech Support (or whatever it's currently being
> called),
> which usually costs an additional fee.
>
> Notan

That's true. All the notebooks I've had recently had gold support and
connected to domestic techs when it was necessary. The female tech there
implied to me that "if you've got a Latitude you'll be sent here, and we get
(many, most?) Inspiron calls as well....". That sort of surprised me.

Next day replacement parts and/or onsite service from those people has been
great.

Stew

keith

It's sad that one has to pay extra for decent support.

Keith wrote:

> It's sad that one has to pay extra for decent support.
>
> <snip>

The alternative is to pay more, up front, and get better
"standard" support.

Notan