E-Mailing Photos.

I used to send photos directly from "My Photos" folder using Outlook Express,
and after I selected the photos, I was asked if I wanted to resize them, and
then after I e-mailed them, the photos always appeared in the e-mail once it
was opened (not as an attachment). Now I use Outlook, and when I try to send
the photos from "My Photos" folder, they are sent as attachments, and they
are not viewable in the actual e-mail. I have searched for a setting to
change this, but I can't find any. Does anyone know how I can send multiple
photos in an e-mail using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as the
e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open each individual
photo as an attachment?
--
Louie
7 answers Last reply

    BrayMan wrote:
    > Does anyone know how I can send multiple photos in an e-mail
    > using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as the
    > e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open
    > each individual photo as an attachment?

    Yep...

    Choose to send the email in HTML format and then insert each picture
    where you want it.

    I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM THAT LITTLE BOX DOES NOT COME UP ANYMORE
    ASKING IF I WANT TO RESIZE MY PICTURES DOES NAYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO
    IT??????????

    "BrayMan" wrote:

    > I used to send photos directly from "My Photos" folder using Outlook Express,
    > and after I selected the photos, I was asked if I wanted to resize them, and
    > then after I e-mailed them, the photos always appeared in the e-mail once it
    > was opened (not as an attachment). Now I use Outlook, and when I try to send
    > the photos from "My Photos" folder, they are sent as attachments, and they
    > are not viewable in the actual e-mail. I have searched for a setting to
    > change this, but I can't find any. Does anyone know how I can send multiple
    > photos in an e-mail using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as the
    > e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open each individual
    > photo as an attachment?
    > --
    > Louie

    The Problem I have with inserting each photo in the email and sending it in
    HTML is that it doesn't allow me to easily resize the picture like I can do
    when I send them directly from the "My Pictures" folder. How do I overcome
    this without first resizing all of my pictures and then inserting them one by
    one each time I want to email some of them?

    "The Cuddly Curmudgeon" wrote:

    > BrayMan wrote:
    > > Does anyone know how I can send multiple photos in an e-mail
    > > using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as the
    > > e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open
    > > each individual photo as an attachment?
    >
    > Yep...
    >
    > Choose to send the email in HTML format and then insert each picture
    > where you want it.

    Get Picassa from Google. It's free. It will manage photos, allow resizing
    and emailing in either format. You can also create slide show cds, etc.

    "BrayMan" <BrayMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I used to send photos directly from "My Photos" folder using Outlook
    >Express,
    > and after I selected the photos, I was asked if I wanted to resize them,
    > and
    > then after I e-mailed them, the photos always appeared in the e-mail once
    > it
    > was opened (not as an attachment). Now I use Outlook, and when I try to
    > send
    > the photos from "My Photos" folder, they are sent as attachments, and they
    > are not viewable in the actual e-mail. I have searched for a setting to
    > change this, but I can't find any. Does anyone know how I can send
    > multiple
    > photos in an e-mail using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as
    > the
    > e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open each individual
    > photo as an attachment?
    > --
    > Louie

    I get a message that it's not a valid win32 application. What's that
    about?

    --
    Bob Burns
    Mill Hall PA

    "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Get Picassa from Google. It's free. It will manage photos, allow resizing
    > and emailing in either format. You can also create slide show cds, etc.
    >
    > "BrayMan" <BrayMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I used to send photos directly from "My Photos" folder using Outlook
    >>Express,
    >> and after I selected the photos, I was asked if I wanted to resize them,
    >> and
    >> then after I e-mailed them, the photos always appeared in the e-mail once
    >> it
    >> was opened (not as an attachment). Now I use Outlook, and when I try to
    >> send
    >> the photos from "My Photos" folder, they are sent as attachments, and
    >> they
    >> are not viewable in the actual e-mail. I have searched for a setting to
    >> change this, but I can't find any. Does anyone know how I can send
    >> multiple
    >> photos in an e-mail using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as
    >> the
    >> e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open each individual
    >> photo as an attachment?
    >> --
    >> Louie

    Strange. Works fine on Windows XP for me. Try again at
    http://picasa.google.com/index.html

    "Bob Burns" <treborburns@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I get a message that it's not a valid win32 application. What's that
    >about?
    >
    > --
    > Bob Burns
    > Mill Hall PA
    > (email is spamtrap)
    >

    > "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Get Picassa from Google. It's free. It will manage photos, allow resizing
    >> and emailing in either format. You can also create slide show cds, etc.
    >>
    >> "BrayMan" <BrayMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>I used to send photos directly from "My Photos" folder using Outlook
    >>>Express,
    >>> and after I selected the photos, I was asked if I wanted to resize them,
    >>> and
    >>> then after I e-mailed them, the photos always appeared in the e-mail
    >>> once it
    >>> was opened (not as an attachment). Now I use Outlook, and when I try to
    >>> send
    >>> the photos from "My Photos" folder, they are sent as attachments, and
    >>> they
    >>> are not viewable in the actual e-mail. I have searched for a setting to
    >>> change this, but I can't find any. Does anyone know how I can send
    >>> multiple
    >>> photos in an e-mail using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as
    >>> the
    >>> e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open each
    >>> individual
    >>> photo as an attachment?
    >>> --
    >>> Louie

    Hallo Everyone,

    Before I go and get another little app from somewhere:

    I also have the problem that the dialog box to resize after using "send to"
    to send a ühoto to e-mail has disappeared. It used to be there, now it isn't.
    Does anyone know how to make it reappear?

    I'm averse to getting another app to do this, because my wife,
    computer-scared, needs to use this function and haveing yet another app to
    contend with is likely to be highly traumatic...

    Thanks in advance,

    JimF

    "Dennis Marks" wrote:

    > Strange. Works fine on Windows XP for me. Try again at
    > http://picasa.google.com/index.html
    >
    > "Bob Burns" <treborburns@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > >I get a message that it's not a valid win32 application. What's that
    > >about?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Bob Burns
    > > Mill Hall PA
    > > (email is spamtrap)
    > >

    > > "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> Get Picassa from Google. It's free. It will manage photos, allow resizing
    > >> and emailing in either format. You can also create slide show cds, etc.
    > >>
    > >> "BrayMan" <BrayMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Email Windows XP