E-Mailing Photos.

August 7, 2005 9:36:15 PM

I used to send photos directly from "My Photos" folder using Outlook Express,
and after I selected the photos, I was asked if I wanted to resize them, and
then after I e-mailed them, the photos always appeared in the e-mail once it
was opened (not as an attachment). Now I use Outlook, and when I try to send
the photos from "My Photos" folder, they are sent as attachments, and they
are not viewable in the actual e-mail. I have searched for a setting to
change this, but I can't find any. Does anyone know how I can send multiple
photos in an e-mail using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as the
e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open each individual
photo as an attachment?
--
Louie

More about : mailing photos

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 10:55:45 PM

BrayMan wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can send multiple photos in an e-mail
> using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as the
> e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open
> each individual photo as an attachment?

Yep...

Choose to send the email in HTML format and then insert each picture
where you want it.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 1:06:02 AM

I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM THAT LITTLE BOX DOES NOT COME UP ANYMORE
ASKING IF I WANT TO RESIZE MY PICTURES DOES NAYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO
IT??????????

"BrayMan" wrote:

> I used to send photos directly from "My Photos" folder using Outlook Express,
> and after I selected the photos, I was asked if I wanted to resize them, and
> then after I e-mailed them, the photos always appeared in the e-mail once it
> was opened (not as an attachment). Now I use Outlook, and when I try to send
> the photos from "My Photos" folder, they are sent as attachments, and they
> are not viewable in the actual e-mail. I have searched for a setting to
> change this, but I can't find any. Does anyone know how I can send multiple
> photos in an e-mail using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as the
> e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open each individual
> photo as an attachment?
> --
> Louie
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 9:33:25 AM

The Problem I have with inserting each photo in the email and sending it in
HTML is that it doesn't allow me to easily resize the picture like I can do
when I send them directly from the "My Pictures" folder. How do I overcome
this without first resizing all of my pictures and then inserting them one by
one each time I want to email some of them?

"The Cuddly Curmudgeon" wrote:

> BrayMan wrote:
> > Does anyone know how I can send multiple photos in an e-mail
> > using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as the
> > e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open
> > each individual photo as an attachment?
>
> Yep...
>
> Choose to send the email in HTML format and then insert each picture
> where you want it.

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:02:48 AM

Get Picassa from Google. It's free. It will manage photos, allow resizing
and emailing in either format. You can also create slide show cds, etc.

"BrayMan" <BrayMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used to send photos directly from "My Photos" folder using Outlook
>Express,
> and after I selected the photos, I was asked if I wanted to resize them,
> and
> then after I e-mailed them, the photos always appeared in the e-mail once
> it
> was opened (not as an attachment). Now I use Outlook, and when I try to
> send
> the photos from "My Photos" folder, they are sent as attachments, and they
> are not viewable in the actual e-mail. I have searched for a setting to
> change this, but I can't find any. Does anyone know how I can send
> multiple
> photos in an e-mail using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as
> the
> e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open each individual
> photo as an attachment?
> --
> Louie
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 11:33:38 AM

I get a message that it's not a valid win32 application. What's that
about?

--
Bob Burns
Mill Hall PA

"Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Get Picassa from Google. It's free. It will manage photos, allow resizing
> and emailing in either format. You can also create slide show cds, etc.
>
> "BrayMan" <BrayMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I used to send photos directly from "My Photos" folder using Outlook
>>Express,
>> and after I selected the photos, I was asked if I wanted to resize them,
>> and
>> then after I e-mailed them, the photos always appeared in the e-mail once
>> it
>> was opened (not as an attachment). Now I use Outlook, and when I try to
>> send
>> the photos from "My Photos" folder, they are sent as attachments, and
>> they
>> are not viewable in the actual e-mail. I have searched for a setting to
>> change this, but I can't find any. Does anyone know how I can send
>> multiple
>> photos in an e-mail using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as
>> the
>> e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open each individual
>> photo as an attachment?
>> --
>> Louie

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 11:33:39 AM

Strange. Works fine on Windows XP for me. Try again at
http://picasa.google.com/index.html

"Bob Burns" <treborburns@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:o 4xrvYNnFHA.3316@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I get a message that it's not a valid win32 application. What's that
>about?
>
> --
> Bob Burns
> Mill Hall PA
> (email is spamtrap)
>

> "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Get Picassa from Google. It's free. It will manage photos, allow resizing
>> and emailing in either format. You can also create slide show cds, etc.
>>
>> "BrayMan" <BrayMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I used to send photos directly from "My Photos" folder using Outlook
>>>Express,
>>> and after I selected the photos, I was asked if I wanted to resize them,
>>> and
>>> then after I e-mailed them, the photos always appeared in the e-mail
>>> once it
>>> was opened (not as an attachment). Now I use Outlook, and when I try to
>>> send
>>> the photos from "My Photos" folder, they are sent as attachments, and
>>> they
>>> are not viewable in the actual e-mail. I have searched for a setting to
>>> change this, but I can't find any. Does anyone know how I can send
>>> multiple
>>> photos in an e-mail using Outlook, so that they can be viewed as soom as
>>> the
>>> e-mail is opened, rather than having to download and open each
>>> individual
>>> photo as an attachment?
>>> --
>>> Louie

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 12:10:14 PM

Hallo Everyone,

Before I go and get another little app from somewhere:

I also have the problem that the dialog box to resize after using "send to"
to send a ühoto to e-mail has disappeared. It used to be there, now it isn't.
Does anyone know how to make it reappear?

I'm averse to getting another app to do this, because my wife,
computer-scared, needs to use this function and haveing yet another app to
contend with is likely to be highly traumatic...

Thanks in advance,

JimF

!