Freelancer Multiplayer Problems

Hi, I'm having a problem connecting to a server in Freelancer. I go to the multiplayer menu, and the servers show up fine, but when I click on them and click connect, nothing happens. I have tried installing the patch and that has not helped, and I do not have a firewall enabled. If you have any idea of how to fix this, pplease tell me here or my e-mail is steve840@hotmail.com .

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about freelancer multiplayer problems
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi Steve840,

    Speaking of firewalls...

    Sounds like there's a firewall in your home router or broadband modem:

    Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
    (De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
    built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.

    Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
    and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
    (See your router's manual or that website for self help instructions)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Steve840" <Steve840@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:398DDB05-D5D2-4179-87A4-4DA6C4533A58@microsoft.com...
    | Hi, I'm having a problem connecting to a server in Freelancer. I go to the multiplayer menu, and the servers show up fine, but
    when I click on them and click connect, nothing happens. I have tried installing the patch and that has not helped, and I do not
    have a firewall enabled. If you have any idea of how to fix this, pplease tell me here or my e-mail is steve840@hotmail.com .

    | Thanks
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi again

    I enabled the dmz and nothing happened, the same problem occured. I beleive that my router does have a hardware firewall, but shouldnt this fix it? Any suggestions you have would be welcomed.

    Thanks
    Steve

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi Steve840,
    >
    > Speaking of firewalls...
    >

    > Sounds like there's a firewall in your home router or broadband modem:
    >
    > Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
    > (De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
    > built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.
    >
    > Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
    > and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
    > (See your router's manual or that website for self help instructions)
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
    >

    > "Steve840" <Steve840@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:398DDB05-D5D2-4179-87A4-4DA6C4533A58@microsoft.com...
    > | Hi, I'm having a problem connecting to a server in Freelancer. I go to the multiplayer menu, and the servers show up fine, but
    > when I click on them and click connect, nothing happens. I have tried installing the patch and that has not helped, and I do not
    > have a firewall enabled. If you have any idea of how to fix this, pplease tell me here or my e-mail is steve840@hotmail.com .
    > |
    > | Thanks

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Sorry, before i forget, i also wanted to mention that my computer is hooked up to a D-link router, if that changes anything. Thanks

    "Steve840" wrote:

    > Hi again
    >
    > I enabled the dmz and nothing happened, the same problem occured. I beleive that my router does have a hardware firewall, but shouldnt this fix it? Any suggestions you have would be welcomed.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Steve
    >
    > "Jimmy S." wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Steve840,
    > >
    > > Speaking of firewalls...
    > >

    > > Sounds like there's a firewall in your home router or broadband modem:
    > >
    > > Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
    > > (De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
    > > built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.
    > >
    > > Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
    > > and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
    > > (See your router's manual or that website for self help instructions)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    > > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > >

    > > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    > > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    > > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
    > > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    > >

    > > "Steve840" <Steve840@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:398DDB05-D5D2-4179-87A4-4DA6C4533A58@microsoft.com...
    > > | Hi, I'm having a problem connecting to a server in Freelancer. I go to the multiplayer menu, and the servers show up fine, but
    > > when I click on them and click connect, nothing happens. I have tried installing the patch and that has not helped, and I do not
    > > have a firewall enabled. If you have any idea of how to fix this, pplease tell me here or my e-mail is steve840@hotmail.com .
    > > |
    > > | Thanks

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi Steve,

    You should use D-Link's tech support instead of sweating
    through this yourself, however in the meantime try connecting
    directly to your ISP modem to see if the D-Link is at fault. :-)

    --

    "Steve840" <Steve840@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D14AE11B-7C8F-4486-A39B-DB56E9AC2EC8@microsoft.com...
    | Sorry, before i forget, i also wanted to mention that my computer is hooked up to a D-link router, if that changes anything.
    Thanks

    | "Steve840" wrote:
    |
    | > Hi again
    | >
    | > I enabled the dmz and nothing happened, the same problem occured. I beleive that my router does have a hardware firewall, but
    shouldnt this fix it? Any suggestions you have would be welcomed.

    | > Thanks
    | > Steve
    | >
    | > "Jimmy S." wrote:
    | >
    | > > Hi Steve840,
    | > >
    | > > Speaking of firewalls...
    | > >

    | > > Sounds like there's a firewall in your home router or broadband modem:
    | > >
    | > > Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
    | > > (De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
    | > > built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.
    | > >
    | > > Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
    | > > and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
    | > > (See your router's manual or that website for self help instructions)
    | > >
    | > > --
    | > > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | > >

    | > > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    | > > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    | > > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
    | > > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

    | > > when I click on them and click connect, nothing happens. I have tried installing the patch and that has not helped, and I do
    not
    | > > have a firewall enabled. If you have any idea of how to fix this, pplease tell me here or my e-mail is steve840@hotmail.com .
    | > > |

Multiplayer Servers Video Games