Freelancer Multiplayer Problems

Last response: in Video Games
June 28, 2004 12:57:01 PM

Hi, I'm having a problem connecting to a server in Freelancer. I go to the multiplayer menu, and the servers show up fine, but when I click on them and click connect, nothing happens. I have tried installing the patch and that has not helped, and I do not have a firewall enabled. If you have any idea of how to fix this, pplease tell me here or my e-mail is steve840@hotmail.com .

Thanks
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 8:32:44 PM

Hi Steve840,

Speaking of firewalls...

Sounds like there's a firewall in your home router or broadband modem:

Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
(De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.

Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
(See your router's manual or that website for self help instructions)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Steve840" <Steve840@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:398DDB05-D5D2-4179-87A4-4DA6C4533A58@microsoft.com...
| Hi, I'm having a problem connecting to a server in Freelancer. I go to the multiplayer menu, and the servers show up fine, but
when I click on them and click connect, nothing happens. I have tried installing the patch and that has not helped, and I do not
have a firewall enabled. If you have any idea of how to fix this, pplease tell me here or my e-mail is steve840@hotmail.com .

| Thanks
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 12:11:01 AM

Hi again

I enabled the dmz and nothing happened, the same problem occured. I beleive that my router does have a hardware firewall, but shouldnt this fix it? Any suggestions you have would be welcomed.

Thanks
Steve

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Steve840,
>
> Speaking of firewalls...
>

> Sounds like there's a firewall in your home router or broadband modem:
>
> Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
> (De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
> built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.
>
> Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
> and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
> (See your router's manual or that website for self help instructions)
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
> MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
>

> "Steve840" <Steve840@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:398DDB05-D5D2-4179-87A4-4DA6C4533A58@microsoft.com...
> | Hi, I'm having a problem connecting to a server in Freelancer. I go to the multiplayer menu, and the servers show up fine, but
> when I click on them and click connect, nothing happens. I have tried installing the patch and that has not helped, and I do not
> have a firewall enabled. If you have any idea of how to fix this, pplease tell me here or my e-mail is steve840@hotmail.com .
> |
> | Thanks

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 12:19:02 AM

Sorry, before i forget, i also wanted to mention that my computer is hooked up to a D-link router, if that changes anything. Thanks

"Steve840" wrote:

> Hi again
>
> I enabled the dmz and nothing happened, the same problem occured. I beleive that my router does have a hardware firewall, but shouldnt this fix it? Any suggestions you have would be welcomed.
>
> Thanks
> Steve
>
> "Jimmy S." wrote:
>
> > Hi Steve840,
> >
> > Speaking of firewalls...
> >

> > Sounds like there's a firewall in your home router or broadband modem:
> >
> > Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
> > (De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
> > built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.
> >
> > Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
> > and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
> > (See your router's manual or that website for self help instructions)
> >
> > --
> > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >

> > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
> > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
> > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
> >

> > "Steve840" <Steve840@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:398DDB05-D5D2-4179-87A4-4DA6C4533A58@microsoft.com...
> > | Hi, I'm having a problem connecting to a server in Freelancer. I go to the multiplayer menu, and the servers show up fine, but
> > when I click on them and click connect, nothing happens. I have tried installing the patch and that has not helped, and I do not
> > have a firewall enabled. If you have any idea of how to fix this, pplease tell me here or my e-mail is steve840@hotmail.com .
> > |
> > | Thanks

Anonymous
July 8, 2004 3:09:29 PM

Hi Steve,

You should use D-Link's tech support instead of sweating
through this yourself, however in the meantime try connecting
directly to your ISP modem to see if the D-Link is at fault. :-)

--

"Steve840" <Steve840@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D 14AE11B-7C8F-4486-A39B-DB56E9AC2EC8@microsoft.com...
| Sorry, before i forget, i also wanted to mention that my computer is hooked up to a D-link router, if that changes anything.
Thanks

| "Steve840" wrote:
|
| > Hi again
| >
| > I enabled the dmz and nothing happened, the same problem occured. I beleive that my router does have a hardware firewall, but
shouldnt this fix it? Any suggestions you have would be welcomed.

| > Thanks
| > Steve
| >
| > "Jimmy S." wrote:
| >
| > > Hi Steve840,
| > >
| > > Speaking of firewalls...
| > >

| > > Sounds like there's a firewall in your home router or broadband modem:
| > >
| > > Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
| > > (De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
| > > built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.
| > >
| > > Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
| > > and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
| > > (See your router's manual or that website for self help instructions)
| > >
| > > --
| > > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| > >

| > > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
| > > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

| > > when I click on them and click connect, nothing happens. I have tried installing the patch and that has not helped, and I do
not
| > > have a firewall enabled. If you have any idea of how to fix this, pplease tell me here or my e-mail is steve840@hotmail.com .
| > > |

!