Monitor Issue Please comment.

Adroid

Distinguished
So I bought the Asus VW266. I don't know if I got a dud or what... I read dozens and dozens of reviews, most people were very happy with it. I got it from amazon, no dead pixels, some things look great

BUT

Whites and blacks are horrible. I was trying to snipe someone in americas army 3 the other day, the fog was so dense I couldn't see anything scoped with a sniper rifle and someone killed me with a tactical scope. I tried adjusting brightness/contrast and trying the preset color modes to no avail...

Desktop looks pretty sorry in most modes. I have adjusted colors and settings in many different ways. If I switch between presets modes from game to game and desktop its tolerable, but I have to constants change modes and its annoying. Is some games I just plain can't see good (like AA3 trying to see long distances).

I guess I am gonna return this thing to amazon, its quite a shame.

Truth be told my 3 + year old Viewsonic 22" 1680x1050 has much better color and white/black. Many things are washed out and have a blueish tint on the Asus.

Please understand I want to be happy with this monitor, but its so bad that my wife even commented on it - and shes not even a computer person. If anyone has suggestions on color calibration or ideas to try I am all ears. I have tried random websites that give screens and tools to calibrate, I think the monitor is simply not that good.

I WANT to like this monitor - but if I can't see in my shooting games - and have to constantly switch back and forth between color modes... Its not worth it.

Adroid

Distinguished
Anyone experienced think I should buy one of those color calibration eye things? Or is that going to be another 100$ dissapointment? Again I don't need perfect color, but I do need to be able to see clearly in my games!!