how to see scsi devices on K100?

Hello,

I am trying to install an OS on a K100, now I wonder if I can see the
installed SCSI devices on the boot admin console.
I know that I can do a saerch ipl but this seems to show only devices
with bootable content on them.

Besides, what happened to parisc-linux? The website seems to be down.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Perkonigg wrote:
> I am trying to install an OS on a K100, now I wonder if I can see the
> installed SCSI devices on the boot admin console.
> I know that I can do a saerch ipl but this seems to show only devices
> with bootable content on them.
Later, in the installations programm, you will se it...
Or start the recovery programm from the installations program, load
ioscan, and do a ioscan -fnC disk.

Lars

In <42c81817$0$20760$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at> Michael Perkonigg <blablu@gmx.net> writes:

>Hello,

>I am trying to install an OS on a K100, now I wonder if I can see the
>installed SCSI devices on the boot admin console.
>I know that I can do a saerch ipl but this seems to show only devices
>with bootable content on them.

I think you should see all devices with a single `search` issued on
the console.

>Besides, what happened to parisc-linux? The website seems to be down.

The cvs server seems to have a problem, I think this is the web server
as well. I don't think it will take long to fix, but the 4th is a holiday
(well, infact *the* holiday) in the US, where the server is located,
so don't hold your breath ;-)

Look over to www.openpa.net, that's a nice site as well. You will see
that the K-class is supported by Linux, but there was a report recently
on the debian-hppa list that the Debian sarge kernel did not boot on a
K570. YMMV,

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24 |listening to: Suicide Drive (The Deep Eynde)