SND VOL Icon NOT in Task Bar

Hello again!

This my second try. Please read detail below carefully!

Dell Dimension 2400 / Windows XP w/latest upgrades/

No matter what I do, I cannot get the Sound Volume icon into the task
bar.

I went to Control Panel, then to SOUNDS,(etc) and clicked the line
that allows one to put the icon in the task bar.

Error Message: No can do beause sound volume not installed.

I went to Control Panel/Add or Remove and I removed Analog Devices'
SOUNDMAX. Then I went to PROGRAM FILES on my "C" partition and deleted
whatever was there for Analog Devices. Then I restarted my PC.

Then I reinstalled SoundMax using the Dell Drivers Disk. I restarted.

Still no icon on Taskbar. Went to Control Panel -Clicked on the line
that allows icon to be put in task bar. Same error message.

Help, somebody?

<axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello again!
>
> This my second try. Please read detail below carefully!
>
> Dell Dimension 2400 / Windows XP w/latest upgrades/
>
> No matter what I do, I cannot get the Sound Volume icon into the task
> bar.
>
> I went to Control Panel, then to SOUNDS,(etc) and clicked the line
> that allows one to put the icon in the task bar.
>
> Error Message: No can do beause sound volume not installed.
>
> I went to Control Panel/Add or Remove and I removed Analog Devices'
> SOUNDMAX. Then I went to PROGRAM FILES on my "C" partition and
deleted
> whatever was there for Analog Devices. Then I restarted my PC.
>
> Then I reinstalled SoundMax using the Dell Drivers Disk. I restarted.
>
> Still no icon on Taskbar. Went to Control Panel -Clicked on the line
> that allows icon to be put in task bar. Same error message.
>
> Help, somebody?

Considering that Volume Control is not part of the sound driver
reinstalling isn't going to help. It IS a part of windows. Accessed
through the Windows options area of the add remove programs menu.

Go to www.komando.com and do a search for
Retrieving the volume icon

I would guess that something or someone deleted the sndvol.exe program. See
if it is on the machine. If not, restore it or copy it from another XP
machine.

Tom