LAN limited or no connectivity

I was using a router and had some problems with it, so I plugged my DSL modem
directly into the ethernet port in my desktop. Now I get a LAN message
(little or no connectivity) everytime I start the computer (this takes about
1 minute to generate), and then it will connect through to the Internet via
the modem. I have uninstalled the ethernet card and reinstalled it via
Device manager to no avail. Is there a remedy for this?
1 answer Last reply
More about limited connectivity

    If everything is working and you are just irritated by the message, you can
    disable it by opening your network connections, right click the LAN
    connection>properties, and remove the mark for that notification.

    "Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I was using a router and had some problems with it, so I plugged my DSL
    >modem
    > directly into the ethernet port in my desktop. Now I get a LAN message
    > (little or no connectivity) everytime I start the computer (this takes
    > about
    > 1 minute to generate), and then it will connect through to the Internet
    > via
    > the modem. I have uninstalled the ethernet card and reinstalled it via
    > Device manager to no avail. Is there a remedy for this?

Connectivity Ethernet Card Windows XP