How do I remove Windows XP from my desktop?

I have more than one copy of Windows XP on my desktop. This occured because I
thought I could erase a previous copy by re-loading the program. Now my
memory is near full! I would like to erase the two first copies and keep the
most recent, which has all the latest updates. How do I go about this?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You boot into the one you want to keep and delete the other two. The problem
is - how are you going to correctly determine the other two? Only you can
answer that.

Eastboundtrain wrote:
> I have more than one copy of Windows XP on my desktop. This occured
> because I thought I could erase a previous copy by re-loading the
> program. Now my memory is near full! I would like to erase the two
> first copies and keep the most recent, which has all the latest
> updates. How do I go about this?

You mean you parallel installed three times total?
Or you mean you have the choice of three different OSes when you boot up?
And do they all work?
Memory is full or hard drive is full?

Your best bet is a CLEAN install - really.. Especially if you have not done
much in the way of use since the last time you attempted it.

This time - when you do it - DELETE the partition you are going to install
on - create a new one and then install.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

"Eastboundtrain" <Eastboundtrain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have more than one copy of Windows XP on my desktop. This occured because
> thought I could erase a previous copy by re-loading the program. Now my
> memory is near full! I would like to erase the two first copies and keep
> the
> most recent, which has all the latest updates. How do I go about this?

Your memory would be unaffected. Your Hard Drive is what is nearly full.
Hard drive is not memory.

Bobby