D-Bay NAS?

I'd like to put some of our D-Bay hard drives directly on the LAN,
using one of the NAS boxes that are available. I _think_ I can use a
Linksys NSLU2
http://linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=35&scid=43&prid=640 which
does NAS for USB drives, plus an external D-Bay adapter
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=313-1669&c=us&l=en&cs=04&category_id=2999&page=external
plus some kind of power supply for the high-power connection on the
above, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah.

Anyone know any reasons why this shouldn't work? Is the 'high power
USB" connector on the External Media Bay just a way of getting more 5V
power to the drive?

Thanks!

William P. N. Smith wrote:
>http://linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=35&scid=43&prid=640

Oops:

IMPORTANT: The Storage Link's format
is NOT compatible with Windows. You
cannot swap USB hard drives between
Windows systems and the Storage Link.

Anyone know of a NAS device that'll take external USB hard drives in
FATnn and NTFS and make them available on the network?

Thanks!