Wins 7 disk 32 or 64 bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have 2 wins 7 install disks, supposedly 32 bit and 64 bit. Came with new pc. BUT when I loaded 64 bit, it came out as 32 bit. So, vendor says they were mistakenly mislabeled and I should try the other one labeled 32 bit, because its the REAL 64 BIT!!
Before I go and wipe out my system to try it, how can I tell if the disk is indeed a wins 7 64 bit install?

G

...sorry bout the double posts..new at his...but...
I have a refurbished pc and disk state for refurbished, service pk 1, ...has Microsoft at top on label, Wins 7 Pro, 2011 Microsoft. thx

DeadRam

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Explore the DVD and open autorun.inf (root folder). The 32 Bit version looks like this.

[Autorun]
open=setup.exe
icon=setup.exe,0

And the 64 Bit version looks like this.

[AutoRun.Amd64]
open=setup.exe
icon=setup.exe,0

[AutoRun]
open=sources\sperr32.exe x64
icon=sources\sperr32.exe,0

G

thx...eCost is vndor, pretty big on the Internet, been around awhile, known for cheap prices, good hardware. I think they're legit

G

thx. you're gonna hav to pt that in plainer english...how do I 'explore DVD'...where is 'autorun.inf' or 'root folder?' Sorry I'm a rel neophyte. :D

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
I have 2 wins 7 install disks, supposedly 32 bit and 64 bit. Came with new pc

I have a refurbished pc and disk state for refurbished, service pk 1, ...has Microsoft at top on label, Wins 7 Pro, 2011 Microsoft. thx

Which is it? Two different claims in the same thread.

Tom's Hardware doesn't provide support for pirated software.

G

...much appreciated...not about 'belief'...gd idea about ringing MS...vendor won't send outanymore, says I'm beyond their warranty...but now you got me curious...thx

Status
Not open for further replies.