TZ clock Tech..

Last response: in Video Games
June 19, 2005 12:00:04 PM

Hey all

I have a question, My new TZ has the clock acting up, I believe it is
being caused by the heat of the lights, and please correct me if you
think this is wrong, the game boots and plays fine, if I leave the game
on for a while or play it say about an hour, the clock hands move to
the wrong time, and pics an hour at random to go to, then if I turn it
off and on, clock is broken message. I wait a few min, turn it on
clock is fine for a shorter period. I believe this to be a heat issue,
I know in TOP they mention drilling the top of the clock to release
heat, any other ideas on this one? Is drilling the clock the only/best
way to go, other than putting LED lights into it?

Thanks!!

Steve

More about : clock tech

Anonymous
June 19, 2005 6:01:46 PM

You posted again hoping to get different answer. Just buy the led boards
and you are done like somone else said. The clock is a pain to take apart
and get the gears correct cause there are notches that have to be lined up
along with the black one which is last that has a line that has to be the
correct way. Now if you feel like messing with it take the whole thing
apart and replace all the optos and don't drill holes then you are good for
years if the board is not burned up too bad then you have to fix solder
joints that look crispy. Or you could take whole thing apart, take balls
out of game, just plug in the opto boards, get something flat like a
screwdriver, cardboard, something that will fit between optos. Put game in
clock test mode and leave on for an half hour, hour so the optos have been
on for a while. Watch dmd and listen to see if one of them starts closing
or stays closed without you breaking the beam with something. Maybe lightly
tap on all the optos with finger see if that one goes off, then you know
which to replace, but you replace one or two that are bad and then maybe a
week three months from now another one goes bad and you do it all over
again, so I always replace them all. Hope that helps some.

Trin

!