TravelLite Module

Hello all!

Well, if anyone wonders what the elusive TravelLite module looks like...I
got mine today.

Dell sent it to me free of charge and must have darn near overnighted the
thing to me today.

http://greyghost.dyndns.org/temp-blog-imgs/d800travellite/

Anyway, that's what it looks like. I weighed the computer with the CD-ROM
module installed and then the TravelLite module. There isn't a whole lot of
difference...but if you're looking to cut off every little bit of weight
that you can... I think the module is more useful if you don't need the
power draw of an idle drive while you are out on battery power.

William

Hi!

> Is that stuff in the middle just bracing, or could you store stuff in
> there? I take it is just snaps in and out?

As far as I can tell, the stuff in the middle is just bracing material.
There aren't any directions supplied with the module that I got. There
is no sort of a lid or anything like that to keep anything you might
put in there in place.

The module simply snaps in and out of place. That's what the beveled
out area in
http://greyghost.dyndns.org/temp-blog-imgs/d800travellite/DSC02824.JPG
(35.8KB) is for. You just put your finger in there and pull to remove
the module.

Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable storing things in a laptop
computer even if there were provisions for it. Sounds too much like a
disaster looking for a place to happen.

> Thanks for the followup!

No problem.

William