1704FPT monitor

Does the 1704FPT monitor come with either video cable?

TIA

It comes with both DVI and VGA cables.

"CZ" <CZ@no99spam.com> wrote in message
> Does the 1704FPT monitor come with either video cable?
>
> TIA

>> It comes with both DVI and VGA cables.

Pen:

Thanks for the quick response.

Dell is selling the monitor for about $245 US, which is a bargain.

I'm using 4 of them. Love them,

>>> It comes with both DVI and VGA cables.
>
> Pen:
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Dell is selling the monitor for about $245 US, which is a bargain.

>> I'm using 4 of them. Love them,

Pen:

Which video cable are you using?

For the average user is there a significant difference in display quality?

TIA

Mainly the VGA/Analog, but I think the DVI looks
better than the Analog; there really isn't very
much difference though. The Analog look great also
so I haven't bothered to upgrade the video cards
on the 4100s.

>>> I'm using 4 of them. Love them,
>
> Pen:
>
> Which video cable are you using?
>
> For the average user is there a significant difference in display
> quality?
>
> TIA

They're a great price for sure, but the best value in LCD right now is the
Samsung 213T at $580.

21.3"

Stunning.

"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:7Ekwe.128590$VH2.118589@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> They're a great price for sure, but the best value in LCD right now is the
> Samsung 213T at $580.

IIRC, the reviews I've come across were pretty darn good. But I
seem to recall a 25ms response time and reports of borderline
performance for gaming, which would be an issue for some people.

FWIW, coupons came out earlier today (not sure if they are still
working, google). After just the % off and stackable $ off $$, the
16ms 2001fp was $464 and the 12ms 1704FPT was $200. At
times there has been even slightly better deals than that, but those
a good numbers to shoot for. Possible tax though <grrrrr>.

"User N" <usern@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>> They're a great price for sure, but the best value in LCD right now is
>> the Samsung 213T at $580.
>
> IIRC, the reviews I've come across were pretty darn good. But I
> seem to recall a 25ms response time and reports of borderline
> performance for gaming, which would be an issue for some people.
>
> FWIW, coupons came out earlier today (not sure if they are still
> working, google). After just the % off and stackable $ off $$, the
> 16ms 2001fp was $464 and the 12ms 1704FPT was $200. At
> times there has been even slightly better deals than that, but those
> a good numbers to shoot for. Possible tax though <grrrrr>.

I don't game on it, so that may be true, although I do watch TV on it and it
doesn't smear. Everyone needs to assess their own needs, of course, but
there's something about 21.3" diagonally .....

Makes the 17" on my Inspiron 9300 seem tiny!

Tom

"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:zStwe.128689$VH2.36017@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

> I don't game on it, so that may be true, although I do watch TV on it and it
> doesn't smear. Everyone needs to assess their own needs, of course, but
> there's something about 21.3" diagonally .....
>
> Makes the 17" on my Inspiron 9300 seem tiny!

Well what does it work out to be... an increase of over 50%
in display area? That is a huge difference :)

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

"CZ" <CZ@no99spam.com> wrote in message
>>> It comes with both DVI and VGA cables.
>
> Pen:
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Dell is selling the monitor for about $245 US, which is a bargain.

What is the 1704FPT like for image and colour quality?

I've got a Dell Ultrasharp 17" CRT at the moment (which I think is actually
a Sony Trinitron?) and want to replace it with an LCD to reclaim some desk
space. I'm an occasional gamer, so the 12ms response time has made me look
at the 1704FPT rather than the FPV, but I'm aware that this is a 6 bit
monitor and there is some compromise on colour.

I don't do much image editing, but do like to view my digital photos on the
PC. Am I likely to notice much of a drop in quality?

TRENDING THREADS