Genuine Advantage bug

Deleted member 3023

Trying to download some files off MS site. Genuine advantage fails with
this error: "This version of windows genuine advantage validation tool
is no longer supported..." yada, yada. I just downloaded the file.
What gives?

it was cracked, I think they are working on a new one.

--
For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
"Corey" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Trying to download some files off MS site. Genuine advantage fails with
> this error: "This version of windows genuine advantage validation tool is
> no longer supported..." yada, yada. I just downloaded the file. What
> gives?

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Try validating here instead and then return to Windows Update

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/windows/default.mspx

Jon

"Corey" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Trying to download some files off MS site. Genuine advantage fails with
> this error: "This version of windows genuine advantage validation tool is
> no longer supported..." yada, yada. I just downloaded the file. What
> gives?

Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
Tools > Internet Options > Settings > View Objects.
Right-click on each item denoted as "Windows Genuine
Advantage Validation Tool" and select "Remove".

Afterward, revisit the Windows Update web site.

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of Microsoft Download Center
pages to request assistance directly from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactDownloads

The Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation check process
does not complete when you try to validate your copy of Windows XP
or Windows 2000 Professional
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;905226

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Corey" wrote:

| Trying to download some files off MS site. Genuine advantage fails with
| this error: "This version of windows genuine advantage validation tool
| is no longer supported..." yada, yada. I just downloaded the file.
| What gives?

TRENDING THREADS