drag'n drop in the start menu - not working anymorte

Since a few weeks my drag and drop in the start menu doesn't work
anymore. In Taskbar and Start Menu Properties/Start
Menu/Customize/Advanced, Enabling dragging and dropping is selected.
Wim
7 answers Last reply
More about drag drop start menu working anymorte

    Wim wrote:

    > Since a few weeks my drag and drop in the start menu doesn't work
    > anymore. In Taskbar and Start Menu Properties/Start
    > Menu/Customize/Advanced, Enabling dragging and dropping is selected.
    > Wim

    I'm assuming it worked at one time. What changed between the time things
    worked and the time they didn't?

    One thing that does cause issues with drag/drop is the Dell Media
    Experience. If you have a Dell, try uninstalling that program (which is
    useless anyway and no loss) and see if that fixes the problem.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    I can't remember of anything in particular that has an impact on this
    facility....
    And no, no Dell, I've got an Eurocom notebook.
    Any other suggestion?

    Wim wrote:

    > I can't remember of anything in particular that has an impact on this
    > facility....
    > And no, no Dell, I've got an Eurocom notebook.
    > Any other suggestion?

    Try a System Restore to when things worked.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Phui, that's a "long" way back, not worth the hassle of reinstalling
    programmes etc. I thought there would be a quick solution available....

    Wim wrote:

    > Phui, that's a "long" way back, not worth the hassle of reinstalling
    > programmes etc. I thought there would be a quick solution
    > available....

    If you don't have a current System Restore, then naturally that isn't a
    good solution for you. Did you install any third-party programs that
    might have changed the user interface? WindowBlinds, skinning or
    theme-type programs, etc.? If so, try uninstalling them. Otherwise, try
    resetting the computer back to the default Windows theme from the
    Display applet and see if that helps.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic"

    No 3rd party program affecting UI installed lately.
    Reset to default Windows Theme didn't help....

    Hey, I solved the problem. I used Tuneup Utilities 2004 to deselect and
    again select the option for allow drag and drop, and now it works. Very
    strange that I couldn't succees through the Start properties...
    Wim

Start Menu Microsoft Customization Windows XP