XP sp2 security center alerts are missing

I've just upgraded a friend's computer to SP2 and I've noticed that it
doesn't show any security alerts when any one of the components, such
as firewall or antivirus is turned off. I looked at the security
center and made sure that the checkboxes for "Change the way Security
Center alerts me" are set up properly. I also checked the Services to
be sure that the Security Center Service was running.

Does anyone know how this could have been turned off? And, how can I
restore it to the default behavior?

Thanks.

Sam
3 answers Last reply
More about security center alerts missing

    The latest version of Spybot should help you solve this problem. Be sure you
    get the latest definitions.

    2m4ef1p99actbac2ua46m1pvp12hbav3rb@4ax.com...

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 21:53:29 -0400, "Martin Lambert" <email@email.com>
    wrote:

    >The latest version of Spybot should help you solve this problem. Be sure you
    >get the latest definitions.

    I installed Spybot along with the latest definitions this weekend. Are
    those definitions newer than that? And, what specifically does it
    detect that might cause this problem?

    Sam

    >"Sam" <retired@home.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >2m4ef1p99actbac2ua46m1pvp12hbav3rb@4ax.com...
    >> I've just upgraded a friend's computer to SP2 and I've noticed that it
    >> doesn't show any security alerts when any one of the components, such
    >> as firewall or antivirus is turned off. I looked at the security
    >> center and made sure that the checkboxes for "Change the way Security
    >> Center alerts me" are set up properly. I also checked the Services to
    >> be sure that the Security Center Service was running.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how this could have been turned off? And, how can I
    >> restore it to the default behavior?

    I downloaded these on sunday and they detect something is wrong with your
    settings of the security center wich is new for me. In my case I choose to
    let it that way as I don't want any messages fron the center but it was
    possible to get back to normal settings.

    "Sam" <retired@home.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
    lq4gf15kmibp9d1u610iji7gbs4mj2buac@4ax.com...
    > On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 21:53:29 -0400, "Martin Lambert" <email@email.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>The latest version of Spybot should help you solve this problem. Be sure
    >>you
    >>get the latest definitions.
    >
    > I installed Spybot along with the latest definitions this weekend. Are
    > those definitions newer than that? And, what specifically does it
    > detect that might cause this problem?
    >
    > Sam
    >
    >>"Sam" <retired@home.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >>2m4ef1p99actbac2ua46m1pvp12hbav3rb@4ax.com...
    >>> I've just upgraded a friend's computer to SP2 and I've noticed that it
    >>> doesn't show any security alerts when any one of the components, such
    >>> as firewall or antivirus is turned off. I looked at the security
    >>> center and made sure that the checkboxes for "Change the way Security
    >>> Center alerts me" are set up properly. I also checked the Services to
    >>> be sure that the Security Center Service was running.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know how this could have been turned off? And, how can I
    >>> restore it to the default behavior?

Security Windows XP