Printing With Only Black Ink?

Hello all :)

Ok, I have a Canon MX700. I usually print in black and white, but my black ink is still full and the color is almost gone. How exactly do I change it so that when I choose to print it in B&W, it will only use black ink?

Thanks in advance! :D
5 answers Last reply
More about printing black
  1. I'm not familiar with Canon's printing option control panel but it should be similar to most others.

Click Print > Preferences > Print Color Images In Black & White
  2. I don't have that model, but for my Canon I click the printer icon at the bottom right of the screen and select 'printer settings'. Then on the main printer properties screen that comes up I tick the 'greyscale printing' option. Goodluck.
  3. Canon most likely uses a similar interface among their printers so Dyffymoon's suggestion is probably spot on.
  4. Thanks for the replies :)

Thats what I have been using all along, but to make the black, it combines colors, rather than using the black... I don't know this for a fact, but the color ink goes down, though I rarely use color, and the black ink stays at the same level.
  5. Remove the color cartridge. When you click print it might bring up the option to use the black cartridge for gray scale printing.
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers Canon Peripherals