Sign in with
Your question

Printing With Only Black Ink?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 19, 2009 1:34:56 AM

Hello all :) 

Ok, I have a Canon MX700. I usually print in black and white, but my black ink is still full and the color is almost gone. How exactly do I change it so that when I choose to print it in B&W, it will only use black ink?

Thanks in advance! :D 

More about : printing black ink

November 20, 2009 12:37:00 AM

I'm not familiar with Canon's printing option control panel but it should be similar to most others.

Click Print > Preferences > Print Color Images In Black & White
m
l
November 20, 2009 5:30:29 PM

I don't have that model, but for my Canon I click the printer icon at the bottom right of the screen and select 'printer settings'. Then on the main printer properties screen that comes up I tick the 'greyscale printing' option. Goodluck.
m
l
Related resources
November 20, 2009 7:44:38 PM

Canon most likely uses a similar interface among their printers so Dyffymoon's suggestion is probably spot on.
m
l
November 21, 2009 10:51:44 PM

Thanks for the replies :) 

Thats what I have been using all along, but to make the black, it combines colors, rather than using the black... I don't know this for a fact, but the color ink goes down, though I rarely use color, and the black ink stays at the same level.
m
l
November 21, 2009 11:13:14 PM

Remove the color cartridge. When you click print it might bring up the option to use the black cartridge for gray scale printing.
m
l
November 26, 2009 8:20:09 AM

There is already setting available in printer properties from where you can adjust the printing mode whether in B&W or color.
m
l
!