Trojan:Dos/Alurean A-Screwed Up My Computer

Hablin

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
First off I have Mcaffee Internet Security. I only go to Yahoo, my banking site, comingsoon.net, mmo-champions, wowhead, world of warcraft/diablo 3 site, pandora, toms hardware, amazon, credit card site, bill me later, guild wars 2 site, and my wowstead webpage. I play WoW and D3, played gw2 just for one day. I use something called curse client to download add ons for WoW. I also use Ccleaner. Oh and I use Ventrilo. That is all I use. I have dual monitors so I can play my game on one and watch movies or web search on the other. I was having issues in game where the game was not selected, but the desktop was. Same when I am on the web, be scrolling down a page and then can't cause it targets the desktop. I went to Tom's hardware for answers and I thought i fixed it until I had a windows update and it failed due to a Trojan. Mcaffee would detect it but not get rid of it, so I got Windows security essentials and it told me to go get windows defender offline. I had a flash drive and went to my other computer and got the program, but could not get it to work on this computer. So I did a search on Toms about this trojan:Dos/Alurean A and it told me to get tdsskiller and used it and got rid of it. My computer was going faster than when I first got it, but after a day the problems came back and Mcafee said it caught the Trojan and got rid of it. I now get the issues I had with the game and the net and now there is a "Local Disk (Q)" on my computer that I cannot touch. I am wondering if that trojan did some damage or if its still there and what to do? Here is my computer:

x Case (Erebus Full Tower Custom Liquid Cooling Gaming Case - Black)) 1 x Processor (Intel® Core™ i7-2700K Processor (4x 3.50GHz/8MB L3 Cache))) 1 x Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3)) 1 x Memory (16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X)) 1 x Video Card ([Liquid Cooled] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - 1.5GB - Single Card)) 1 x Case Lighting (None)) 1 x Power Supply (1050 Watt - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand-1050M - Free Upgrade to 1200 Watt Toughpower Grand-1200M ($40 Savings))) 1 x Video Card Brand (Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA)) 1 x Primary Hard Drive (120 GB Corsair Force Series GT SSD - Single Drive)) 1 x Data Hard Drive (1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive)) 1 x 2nd Optical Drive (None)) 1 x Optical Drive ([12X Blu-Ray] Pioneer BLU-RAY Re-Writer, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive - Black)) 1 x Sound Card (3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard)) 1 x Speaker System (Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround 3D Sound Speakers + Subwoofer - Black)) 1 x Network Card (Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100))) 1 x Monitor (None)) 1 x Operating System (Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit)) 1 x Warranty (3 Year Standard Warranty Service)) 1 x Rush Service (Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days)) 1 x Advanced Build Options (iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation!)) 1 x Advanced Build Options (Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound - The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks)) 1 x Advanced Build Options (Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis)) 1 x Advanced Build Options (Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Basic Pro Wiring)) 1 x Advanced Build Options (Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Advanced - Power Package (Individually Sleeved 24-pin ATX, 8-pin CPU, and SATA Drive Power Cabling))) 1 x Advanced Build Options (Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Advanced - Video Package (Individually Sleeved 8-pin and 6-pin PCI-E VGA Power Cabling))) 1 x Video Camera (None)) 1 x Meter Display (None)) 1 x Flash Media Reader / Writer (None)) 1 x 2nd Monitor (None)) 1 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion (None)) 1 x iBUYPOWER PowerDrive (PowerDrive Level 3 - Up to 30% Overclocking)) 1 x USB Expansion (None)) 1 x Custom Liquid Cooling (Custom Liquid Cooling w/ Quad + Dual Radiator)) 1 x Liquid Coolant (High-Performance Coolant powered by Koolance - Blue)) 1 x Tubing Wraps (Tubing Wraps (Anti-Kink Coil) powered by Koolance - Blue)) 1 x Intel Smart Response Technology (None)) 1 x Case Engraving Service (None))

JMidd

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
at this point the only surefire way is to reformat
Agreed, while the Trojan itself might be gone. Other things it could have left behind or changes it made are likely still on your computer. Best thing to do is reinstall Windows.

Hablin

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
That would mean I would lose everything. Is there instuctions on doing this? And I have a SSD with my OS on, that would be the one to reformat? Not my storage HDD?

Hablin

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
there is, its called Local Disk Q. When I do a search on it, I find that it is a virtual disk and is not really there. I don't know much about computers, I just wish there was a program that can detect any errors for free and fix them

Hablin

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Looks like that will be my plan tomorrow :). Can I put my games on a flash drive or would it be safer to just get rid of it with the reformat?

And thanks for all the help.

AM2A

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
If you have the disks or can download them, I would just get rid of them and reinstall later. better safe than sorry

edit: rereading that I realized you were probably talking about the save files. Anyway, the same advice applies. copying and transferring anything will come with the risk of reinfecting the system

JMidd

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing exactly what was infected or not. While you could bring some of your old files over you run the risk of bringing the virus with it. Best to wipe everything and begin a new.

TRENDING THREADS