Multiple non working Internet Explorer Instances in Task M..

August 8, 2005 1:51:54 PM

I am using XP Pro with all the latest security fixes; NAV 2005 and
also Spybot Search and destroy on a newly built PC.

What I am finding is that when I click on a url, iexplore does not
always appear, though it appear in task manager. Eventually I may
have one or two Internet explorer windows open, but maybe 6 internet
explorer tasks in task manager. What is causing this and how do I
fix.

If I close the windows, the tasks still exist and I can close them
through task manager. I've seen nothing odd in event manager.

Any tips please?
--
John Perry

http://www.redoak.co.uk
http://www.eze-buy.co.uk

More about : multiple working internet explorer instances task

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 9:27:12 AM

Hi,
I've been having similar experiences with other applications (like
Media player). When I double-click on the IE icon, sometimes it
starts up, and sometimes the mouse-pointer changes into a an
hour glass for a couple of seconds, and then only appears in the
processes tab of Task manager. Does that happen to you too ?

Henk Z

!