Multiple non working Internet Explorer Instances in Task M..

I am using XP Pro with all the latest security fixes; NAV 2005 and
also Spybot Search and destroy on a newly built PC.

What I am finding is that when I click on a url, iexplore does not
always appear, though it appear in task manager. Eventually I may
have one or two Internet explorer windows open, but maybe 6 internet
explorer tasks in task manager. What is causing this and how do I
fix.

If I close the windows, the tasks still exist and I can close them
through task manager. I've seen nothing odd in event manager.

Any tips please?
--
John Perry

http://www.redoak.co.uk
http://www.eze-buy.co.uk
1 answer Last reply
More about multiple working internet explorer instances task

    Hi,
    I've been having similar experiences with other applications (like
    Media player). When I double-click on the IE icon, sometimes it
    starts up, and sometimes the mouse-pointer changes into a an
    hour glass for a couple of seconds, and then only appears in the
    processes tab of Task manager. Does that happen to you too ?

    Henk Z

    "John Perry" wrote:

    > I am using XP Pro with all the latest security fixes; NAV 2005 and
    > also Spybot Search and destroy on a newly built PC.
    >
    > What I am finding is that when I click on a url, iexplore does not
    > always appear, though it appear in task manager. Eventually I may
    > have one or two Internet explorer windows open, but maybe 6 internet
    > explorer tasks in task manager. What is causing this and how do I
    > fix.
    >
    > If I close the windows, the tasks still exist and I can close them
    > through task manager. I've seen nothing odd in event manager.
    >
    > Any tips please?
    > --
    > John Perry
    >
    > http://www.redoak.co.uk
    > http://www.eze-buy.co.uk

Internet Explorer Task Manager Windows XP