Latest Ebay scam Email Received

Last response: in Video Games
June 19, 2005 8:35:23 PM

The latest scam letter I received on my non-existant Ebay account.
Todd "GravitaR"

eBay Fraud Mediation Request

Dear eBay Member,
Your bank has contacted us regarding some attempts of charges from
your credit card via the eBay system. We have reasons to believe that
you changed your registration information or that someone else has
unauthorized access to your eBay account Due to recent activity,
including possible unauthorized listings placed on your account, we
will require a second confirmation of your identity with us in order
to allow us to investigate this matter further. Your account is not
suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this message your
account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your eBay
registration. If you received this notice and you are not the
authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of
eBay policy to represent oneself as another eBay user. Such action may
also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law.
eBay is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related
to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to
commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of
law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to
the full extent of the law.

To confirm your identity with us click here:
http://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ssPa...
Which translates into:
javascript:D l('http://www.esquinadamoto.com.br/ebay/',1);

After responding to the message, we ask that you allow at least 72
hours for the case to be investigated. Emailing us before that time
will result in delays. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience
this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation
as we review this matter.

Respectfully,
Trust and Safety Department
eBay Inc.
http://www.ebay.com/
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 8:35:24 PM

Key thing to remember is ebay will use the name associated with the
account, not Dear E-Bay Member.

Charlie
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 1:54:41 AM

I got the same email today. Just another phishing scam..

Greg

"GravitaR" <gravitar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The latest scam letter I received on my non-existant Ebay account.
> Todd "GravitaR"
>
> eBay Fraud Mediation Request
>
> Dear eBay Member,
> Your bank has contacted us regarding some attempts of charges from
> your credit card via the eBay system. We have reasons to believe that
> you changed your registration information or that someone else has
> unauthorized access to your eBay account Due to recent activity,
> including possible unauthorized listings placed on your account, we
> will require a second confirmation of your identity with us in order
> to allow us to investigate this matter further. Your account is not
> suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this message your
> account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your eBay
> registration. If you received this notice and you are not the
> authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of
> eBay policy to represent oneself as another eBay user. Such action may
> also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law.
> eBay is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related
> to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to
> commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of
> law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to
> the full extent of the law.
>

> To confirm your identity with us click here:
> http://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ssPa...
> Which translates into:
> javascript:D l('http://www.esquinadamoto.com.br/ebay/',1);
>
> After responding to the message, we ask that you allow at least 72
> hours for the case to be investigated. Emailing us before that time
> will result in delays. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience
> this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation
> as we review this matter.
>

> Respectfully,
> Trust and Safety Department
> eBay Inc.
> http://www.ebay.com/

June 20, 2005 1:54:42 AM

Funny thing is I havent had an Ebay account in over 15years!

Todd "GravitaR"

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:54:41 GMT, "Fantastic Pinball"
<FantasticPinballNOSPAM@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote:

>I got the same email today. Just another phishing scam..
>
>Greg
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 1:54:43 AM

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:16:34 -0400, GravitaR <gravitar@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Funny thing is I havent had an Ebay account in over 15years!
>
>Todd "GravitaR"

hmm, what e-bay were you using 15 years ago?

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

>On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:54:41 GMT, "Fantastic Pinball"
><FantasticPinballNOSPAM@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote:
>
>>I got the same email today. Just another phishing scam..
>>
>>Greg
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 1:54:44 AM

Guess its been less then 10years ago then since Ebay was founded in
1995. So I exaggerated a little bit. Guess I'll call them up to see
when it was exactly. Got me curious now.

Todd "GravitaR"

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:05:24 -0400, pinlicious <pinlicious@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:16:34 -0400, GravitaR <gravitar@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Funny thing is I havent had an Ebay account in over 15years!
>>
>>Todd "GravitaR"
>
>hmm, what e-bay were you using 15 years ago?
>
>Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
>

>>On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:54:41 GMT, "Fantastic Pinball"
>><FantasticPinballNOSPAM@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I got the same email today. Just another phishing scam..
>>>
>>>Greg
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 1:54:45 AM

Labor Day 1995. LTG :)

> Guess its been less then 10years ago then since Ebay was founded in
> 1995. So I exaggerated a little bit. Guess I'll call them up to see
> when it was exactly. Got me curious now.
>
> Todd "GravitaR"
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 2:26:40 AM

They are not going off ebay accounts but rather email accounts. They tracked
your email address down from somewhere and are phishing for responses..
Too many script kiddies with not enough to do with their time..

!