.tmp files

August 8, 2005 4:45:45 PM

Could you please indicate what .tmp files - as opposed to .temp files it is
safe to delete, and which must be kept. I am running XP Professional XP2 on
a stand alone computer
TIA
Geoplay

More about : tmp files

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 4:45:46 PM

Hi,

Any .tmp file that is not in use can be deleted. By their very nature they
are only there as a temporary file. Those in use by the system or an
application will refuse to delete.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Geoplay" <newsgroups@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:o %23kN43$mFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Could you please indicate what .tmp files - as opposed to .temp files it
> is safe to delete, and which must be kept. I am running XP Professional
> XP2 on a stand alone computer
> TIA
> Geoplay

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 4:45:46 PM

Hi

Reboot your system, then any .TMP files can be deleted. The reboot will
make sure that none of the .TMP files are being used by any program.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Geoplay" <newsgroups@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:o %23kN43$mFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Could you please indicate what .tmp files - as opposed to .temp files it
> is safe to delete, and which must be kept. I am running XP Professional
> XP2 on a stand alone computer
> TIA
> Geoplay
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 9:31:42 PM

Thank you both for your prompt and succinct replies

!