Asus A7N8X Mobo CD and drivers

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Asus
  • CD-Rom
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
February 19, 2003 12:25:28 AM

I see in my asus a7n8x deluxe box it came with a nforce2 cd labeled nvidia nforce2 series rev 44.03. I was perusing the asus website and it has a driver pack labeled nf2v1.16 and says that it is the current all in one driver for this motherboard. So which do I install? The cd driver, or download it from asus? Or both? Are they containing different stuff? What is the differences between the cd that comes with it and the file from asus? Also - which bios is current form asus right now? I see a 1002, but from this forum i see people talking bout 1002.004..?? Where is this available? My board shipped with 1001G. What do you all think of that bios? In your opinions, what is the best bios so far...?

Thanks for all yourr time.

Rob

<b><font color=red>Nothin like a Pentium II furiously churning out a blistering 0.8 FPS on 3D Mark 2001!!!</font color=red></b>

More about : asus a7n8x mobo drivers

February 19, 2003 4:06:53 AM

1001G I've heard is one of the worst bios', I only had a few minor problems with it. Went to the 1002 and it fixed most of them but I still get unreal bios temps.
February 19, 2003 3:15:32 PM

So the 1001G Bios is crappy? That sucks... Does anyone know what the cd versus bios file on asus' website differences is?

Cheers :) 

<b><font color=red>Nothin like a Pentium II furiously churning out a blistering 0.8 FPS on 3D Mark 2001!!!</font color=red></b>
Related resources
February 20, 2003 5:26:51 PM

Does anyone have an answer to this what so ever?

February 20, 2003 8:19:07 PM

The 1.16 NForce2 driver is the most recent driver for the A7N8X Deluxe. I don't know what the 44.03 is. I think you are comparing apples to oranges.

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>
February 20, 2003 10:23:19 PM

since you might have a box that was sealed in december, as a general rule, the web site will have the most up to date stuff. consider that Asus's update utility takes you to the site. I just got the Bios ver. 1002.
February 20, 2003 10:47:55 PM

Use ASUS update. If you can't get through the the TW site, usually you can on the DE site.

If it ain't broke, take it apart & see why not!
February 20, 2003 10:58:31 PM

Thank you every one for your replies! I was very curious to know why the hell that cd said nforce2 44.03 versus the website's nforce 1.16 drivers. So asus update is the program that comes in the file from asus' website? So it will download and then help me install the bios file properly? Is the asus update easy to use? You see, i havent constructed my new system yet, so I am trying to find out as much as i can before I do so. Then I can limit my problems hopefully.

Here is my planned system:

a7n8x deluxe
amd xp 2700
1024 mb's corsair pc 3200 ddr cas2
maxtor 80 gig 8 meg caChe
LG cd rom and cd rw
etc etc

How do u guys think this will come together?
Will i have a boot or posting issue like other peeps with this mobo? I really dont want to have to rma any parts, especially cuz i had to special order some.... Any staility hints, tips or comments are greatly appreciated.

So anyone have any comments on the bios file? So is it just 1002, or is it 1002.003 or .004 or what?

Thanks for all your help!!

Rob

February 20, 2003 11:12:15 PM

Asus Update will do it all for you. No manual flash involved. It's great.

As for setting up a A7N8X. If you know what your doing it's a piece of cake. I've put a few together now. Read the manual (which isn't much with this board), set the BIOS to 133 & 66 on the AGP & let her go. It's a good board, just pay attention & you'll be fine.

February 20, 2003 11:19:30 PM

Thanks for your advice rcpilot -

just one question... I already have the corsair pc 3200 ram and the mobo.. and if they are a 166 mhz fsb - why would I start with 133? Just to start out and help stability issues, or am i missing something here?

Do you think the hardware i listed above will mix well together and boot up and post for me on first boot?

February 21, 2003 9:36:17 AM

Oop's. sorry Trixta. I didn't notice the 2700 you listed. Your right. Set the FSB @ 166. My mistake. You'll be fine & rocking.

You should be able to boot first time. To make sure of it. Put it together bare bones vid card, Hdd, MOBO, CPU, & RAM. Don't set you RAM timing to aggressive right then. Boot it & load the OS & get to SP1 with that. Get the MOBO drivers going. You'll be stable then. After that add the rest of your components, one at time. Once you do that & reboot a few times, then you can set your RAM to aggressive. I believe it's safer that way to avoid all the conflicts right up front. If you do find a problem, you'll know exactly what is causing it that way. I build them like that myself.

I'm running a 2400 & waiting for a 333 FSB chip myself. Waiting for it to drop some in price first though.

February 21, 2003 9:44:50 AM

The rev 44.03 is the revision number for the installation cd but not the driver version. It's just as simjple as this ^_^'

My PC has gone to hell... because it's a killing machine...
February 21, 2003 1:24:04 PM

Oh! Thank you very much for all your help and support!

I caNT wait to put this machine together. I really really hope I dont have any boot problems. so if i have the corsair twin x 1024 pc 3200, what are the best timings for me, aggressive, manual or spd? From what I know right now, i think i want to overclokc my fsb to 400, and considering the ram already runs at that speed, then i will set it as "synchronous" in the bios. Is that possible? I know the bios has changed lately, and they dont have a synchronous setting, what is the synch setting labeled as now?

!