Status
Not open for further replies.

ron256

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
I have a Technics SA-AX920 receiver. With or without speakers connected, I get the "overload" error message after it's been on about 10 minutes (no sgnal). This happens even with the cover off, and the hottest component is the power transforner at about 105 degree F.

To help all of us who are having this problem, we need someone to tell us what the system is actually mesuring. Is it, current? Is it temperature? What are the sensors and where are they?

Thanks

The output transistors are shorted, take to service center. $$$ to repair.

ron256

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Output transistors are not shorted. Re-soldered the speaker terminal connections on the main board and that solved the problem. The service center will not be getting my $$$$$ for doing this for me

cbrowneyes

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
I am having the same problem and its frustrating cause it seems to happen sporadically and usually just when I have guest over....can you tell me the steps you took, where you exactly you resoldered or how can I tell is my output transistors are shorted, when I resolder I am bypassing those components?? Thanks in advance

cbrowneyes

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
*** Correction ***

I am having the same problem and its frustrating cause it seems to happen sporadically and usually just when I have guest over....can you tell me the steps you took, where you exactly you resoldered...Thanks in advance

gorex69ers

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
I have also a technics AV integrated amo. The only solution that i did was to clean the contacts of the fan inside the receiver.. WHat imean is that you're gonna open the top cover and the back panel. the blower fan will be separated from the main case. Then use a fine sand paper to clean the fan contacts especially the copper contacts between the fan on the back panel and on the main unit fan circuitry. there's also a copper contact in it. thats the only solution that is needed to bring back your Amplifier not over loading again. My technics now functions normally.

stillerfan15

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
I have a 15 year old Technics 110 Watt per reciever and it still runs great today. I did blow the chasis out with some compressed air once or twice and it seems to run great. Technics used to be the high end of the Panasonic brand.
Dave

Professor Fate

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012

I can buy the parts but am not sure if I can isolate the ones to replace. They are BU2090's so I hope that will tell me where they belong. Are there a "couple" of these in the unit or several of them? Any suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.