HP Pavilion: CPU speed problem

Hi,
I have a new zv6020ea notebook with Sempron 3200 cpu and I installed XP
Professional sp2 but in the System properties I see 590 MHz of cpu speed,
and trought Msinfo32 I see only 997 Mhz of cpu speed.

I installed all HP specified package for CPU upgrade software, but the
problem is the same.

Any suggestion?

Thank's

Run SiSoft's SANDRA or one of the free utilities available at www.cpuid.org .
Either one can give you an accurate reading of CPU speed. Microsoft has always
been trailing edge in the system information category.

Before running any CPU speed calibration software, set ALL the power-saving
options off in the system BIOS. Remember to enable them again when you are
done... Ben Myers