I've noticed on a new installation of XP Professional that the Quick
Launch bar disappears every time I reboot, and I have to manually turn
it back on in the taskbar properties. Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks,

P.

Hi,

This could be due to spyware. Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win¬dowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

In the right-pane, change the value of Userinit to
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.¬exe,"
Type the above value exactly as given (change the drive-letter/path if
different in your system), including the comma - exclude the quotes. Close
Registry Editor and restart Windows. The Quick Launch settings should be
retained now.

= OR =

Try the fix listed under the Quick Launch section in the below Web site:

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

Cheers,

Arun Aluvila