Quick Launch bar turns off at reboot

I've noticed on a new installation of XP Professional that the Quick
Launch bar disappears every time I reboot, and I have to manually turn
it back on in the taskbar properties. Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks,

P.
1 answer Last reply
More about quick launch turns reboot

    Hi,

    This could be due to spyware. Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win¬dowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

    In the right-pane, change the value of Userinit to
    "C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.¬exe,"
    Type the above value exactly as given (change the drive-letter/path if
    different in your system), including the comma - exclude the quotes. Close
    Registry Editor and restart Windows. The Quick Launch settings should be
    retained now.

    = OR =

    Try the fix listed under the Quick Launch section in the below Web site:

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    Cheers,

    Arun Aluvila

Microsoft Quick Launch Windows XP