Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Forgotten AAdministrator password

Last response: in Windows 7
October 16, 2012 6:20:58 AM

Hello,
My neice is logged into the computer as administrator and cannot remember the password. We have another general account that we can access however we cant run any programs on thew computer at all cos it keeps asking for the administrators password!!!! Am not computer savvy at all, is anyone able to help me in a way that a non computer whiz can understand? Thanks so much

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
October 16, 2012 6:45:14 AM

Sorry we are not allowed to help with bypassing passwords as we have no way of knowing the computer is yours. Contact the computer manufacturer.
October 16, 2012 6:49:11 AM

Sorry, but it is against the forum rules to assist someone in bypassing security since there is no way for anyone to verify that you are the actual owner of the computer. I suggest contacting the manufacturer or the place where it was purchased and show proof of ownership.
Score
Related resources
October 16, 2012 8:20:25 AM

Geeez, suddenly everyone is so morally "correct"....to the OP: use google or just find another forum. I don't see how computer's manufacturer might be willing to help bypass the admin password.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 16, 2012 5:19:10 PM

tenshin111 said:
Geeez, suddenly everyone is so morally "correct"....to the OP: use google or just find another forum. I don't see how computer's manufacturer might be willing to help bypass the admin password.

Morals have noting to do with it nor is it "sudden". If you would actually read the TOS you would understand it's against forum rules. So anyone helping can be banned as well as anyone asking. We who post here are trying to help others not get Tom's Hardware or ourselves sued. I think you will find the same rules are true of any legit tech forum. So maybe it's you who needs to find somewhere else to post.
Score
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
October 16, 2012 6:37:14 PM

tenshin111 said:

This is not a choice for me(or you) to make. The forum has a rule that does not allow it. I either abide by the rule, or face the possibility of getting banned.
Score
a b 8 Security
a c 416 $ Windows 7
October 16, 2012 10:04:15 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
a b 8 Security
a c 416 $ Windows 7
October 16, 2012 10:04:46 PM

Best answer selected by Area51reopened.
Score
!