Hidden Partitions

Will I be able to unhide the hidden drive partition(s) when I receive
my Dim 9100? I want to be able to image the partitions to a usb
external hard drive for safekeeping so I can then delete them from the
internal drive. I have Partition Magic 8.0 and Acronis True Image.

PM8 will find and unhide the hidden partition for sure.

"Shel" <scs@XXXieee.org> wrote in message
> Will I be able to unhide the hidden drive partition(s) when I receive
> my Dim 9100? I want to be able to image the partitions to a usb
> external hard drive for safekeeping so I can then delete them from the
> internal drive. I have Partition Magic 8.0 and Acronis True Image.

"Shel" <scs@XXXieee.org> wrote in message
> Will I be able to unhide the hidden drive partition(s) when I receive
> my Dim 9100? I want to be able to image the partitions to a usb
> external hard drive for safekeeping so I can then delete them from the
> internal drive. I have Partition Magic 8.0 and Acronis True Image.

Yes, but you can image them if they're hidden. Also, why delete them? They
aren't that big.

> "Shel" <scs@XXXieee.org> wrote in message
>> Will I be able to unhide the hidden drive partition(s) when I receive
>> my Dim 9100? I want to be able to image the partitions to a usb
>> external hard drive for safekeeping so I can then delete them from the
>> internal drive. I have Partition Magic 8.0 and Acronis True Image.
>
> Yes, but you can image them if they're hidden. Also, why delete them?
> They aren't that big.

....yeah, and additionally, why copy the factory (hidden) image at all with
all of the accompanying bloat?

Stew

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:54:50 -0500, "S.Lewis"
<stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote:

>"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Shel" <scs@XXXieee.org> wrote in message
>>> Will I be able to unhide the hidden drive partition(s) when I receive
>>> my Dim 9100? I want to be able to image the partitions to a usb
>>> external hard drive for safekeeping so I can then delete them from the
>>> internal drive. I have Partition Magic 8.0 and Acronis True Image.
>>
>> Yes, but you can image them if they're hidden. Also, why delete them?
>> They aren't that big.
>>

>...yeah, and additionally, why copy the factory (hidden) image at all with
>all of the accompanying bloat?

One reason for copying the hidden partitions is that I will then feel
safe in exploring them to see what's there -- without endangering the
hidden partitions. Acronis True Image (and probably others) will let
me do this.

Isn't there like 52 processes running by default when you boot up a new
Dimension 9100? I can't remember the # exactly but was quite shocked. I
guess it most vary depending on what they package up for you with your
personal configuration. I had chosen no extra software and it was in
the 50's. I guess some new DIM9100's could be running 60+ processes
upon the initial bootup. The number of processes in the registry
directed to start on each boot up was amazingly large. Gee, I wonder
why it took so long to boot up!

OregonMike