How to format disk to NTFS

How do you format a new, fresh, hard drive to NTFS???? Without using an XP
system or installation disk? I know for old stuff you can use fdisk and
format in DOS.

How to partition and format a hard disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313348&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Fred B." wrote:

| How do you format a new, fresh, hard drive to NTFS???? Without using an XP
| system or installation disk? I know for old stuff you can use fdisk and
| format in DOS.

Did the hard drive come with a CD? If so there should be a utility for
formatting the drive on it. You cannot use FDISK to format in NTFS. You can
also put the drive in a machine with XP or NT as a slave, format it and
remove the drive.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........