Duron 1.1 GHz giving blank screen

XoSkely10

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Recently I have bought a Duron 1.1GHz processor to upgrade my old Duron 700, but i got no screen after i installed it. My power supply has a maximum output of 300W and I am wondering if that is enough to run the Duron 1.1 GHz?

Clymer

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
300W should be plenty to run a Duron 1.1 Gig. I am currently running a Duron 1 Gig on a 240W and my system seems fine.

You might try testing the output of your power supply with a multimeter to see what the actual output is. Your problem is probably something other than your power supply though. Make sure all of your boards are seated well and check all your connections (power, ribbon cables, etc) to make sure the problem doesn't lie there.

You may find that your problem is the new chip itself. You could test that by trying it in a different computer and see if you get the same problem.

I hope this helps.

Clymer

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please

phill21

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
well just one question, have you held the insert key so that you can change the speed of the cpu in the bios? needs to be set..
when you turn it on again, if just a black blank screen, just turn off for 30 secs max, then turn on, hold the insert key and wait for the beep.. if that works, just change the speed of the cpu in the bios and save it when you exit!
i have had this problem plently of times, it normally happens when i try overclocking it or if its not got enough juice going into it.. have you tried it with the 700 mhz duron in after you put the 1.1 in?

If it blows up? Opps.... I must have been doing something wrong

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
I assume that your motherboard and BIOS don't support the Duron Morgan core, you should put your old Duron Spitfire back in there and look for your motherboard model and make, look it up on the motherboard manufacturer website and read the informations related to that particular model, you may have to manipulate some jumpers or flash the BIOS in order to make it work.

Next time you upgrade, remember not to assume things will magically work when you power up your system, one should always do some research before attempting an upgrade or configuration change.

Fok Speling Misstake

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Read my signiture. I've seen the Duron 950 NOT run stably on my 250W cheapo Antec power supply, but it ran fine on my high quality 200W "generic OEM" power supply.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

skligmund

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2002
Yes, make sure your mobo supports morgan, if not, find bios update. The beauty about your CPU, is it will overclock nicely. I have a 1300 running at 1417 MHz at 109 MHz FSB. I would go higher (as it runs no more than 44C with lame ass HSF) but the Duron 1300 can't/won't unlock.

My Duron 1300 eats P4's for dinner. Oh, the Celerons make a nice snack too.

TRENDING THREADS