LCD resolution question

The same resolution, 1280 x 1024, on two different LCD monitors, one a 17"
and the other a 19" with all settings the same, will the icons, fonts, and
images be the EXACT same size or will they be a little bigger on the 19".
Yes, I know that I will see more of the web page on the 19" but will the
items contained in the web page be a little bigger.

Similar question. Same 1024 x 768 resolution on two different monitors, one
a 15" LCD and the other a 17" CRT, I repeat, the second monitor is a CRT.
Same thing, if measured with a ruler or something, would the icons and
images be the exact same size. Thank you very much.

--
Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.
4 answers Last reply

    OK, you will NOT see more on the 19" than the 17". You will see EXACTLY the
    same thing, as they are running the same resolution. That means that
    everything, including ICONS, text, images, etc, will be larger on the 19",
    but the difference in their size (19/17).

    Same on the LCD vs. CRT EXCEPT, a 15" LCD is 15". A 17" CRT is measured
    BEFORE they put on the bezel, so it's really under 16", so the difference
    will be small.

    Tom
    "Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote in message
    > The same resolution, 1280 x 1024, on two different LCD monitors, one a 17"
    > and the other a 19" with all settings the same, will the icons, fonts, and
    > images be the EXACT same size or will they be a little bigger on the 19".
    > Yes, I know that I will see more of the web page on the 19" but will the
    > items contained in the web page be a little bigger.
    >
    > Similar question. Same 1024 x 768 resolution on two different monitors,
    one
    > a 15" LCD and the other a 17" CRT, I repeat, the second monitor is a CRT.
    > Same thing, if measured with a ruler or something, would the icons and
    > images be the exact same size. Thank you very much.
    >

    > --
    > Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

    Tom, now THAT makes sense, thank you very much.

    --
    Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

    "Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, I know that I will see more of the web page on the 19" but will the
    > items contained in the web page be a little bigger.

    The others have answered your question well. But you won't see any more
    webpage on the 19" than on the 17". Resolution is resolution regardless of
    the monitor size. A bigger monitor will show a "bigger" picture, though have
    the exact same page content. You CAN change resolution on LCD monitors but
    it will usually look horrible at anything other than it's "native"
    resolution.

    "Ricky W. Hunt" <rickywhunt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote in message
    > > Yes, I know that I will see more of the web page on the 19" but will the
    > > items contained in the web page be a little bigger.
    >
    > The others have answered your question well. But you won't see any more
    > webpage on the 19" than on the 17". Resolution is resolution regardless of
    > the monitor size. A bigger monitor will show a "bigger" picture, though
    have
    > the exact same page content.

    Not entirely. Don't forget the arch enemy of GUI designers: window's large
    fonts vs. small fonts vs. huge fonts.

    If both a 17" and 19" lcd are running 1280x1024, then with the 19" I can
    reduce the font size to better approximate the sizes found on the 17". That
    leaves smaller buttons, title bars, message fields, etc., which almost
    always translates into being able to fit more onto the screen.

    > You CAN change resolution on LCD monitors but
    > it will usually look horrible at anything other than it's "native"
    > resolution.

Dell LCD Resolution Monitors Computers