LCD resolution question

acadia

The same resolution, 1280 x 1024, on two different LCD monitors, one a 17"
and the other a 19" with all settings the same, will the icons, fonts, and
images be the EXACT same size or will they be a little bigger on the 19".
Yes, I know that I will see more of the web page on the 19" but will the
items contained in the web page be a little bigger.

Similar question. Same 1024 x 768 resolution on two different monitors, one
a 15" LCD and the other a 17" CRT, I repeat, the second monitor is a CRT.
Same thing, if measured with a ruler or something, would the icons and
images be the exact same size. Thank you very much.

--
Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

OK, you will NOT see more on the 19" than the 17". You will see EXACTLY the
same thing, as they are running the same resolution. That means that
everything, including ICONS, text, images, etc, will be larger on the 19",
but the difference in their size (19/17).

Same on the LCD vs. CRT EXCEPT, a 15" LCD is 15". A 17" CRT is measured
BEFORE they put on the bezel, so it's really under 16", so the difference
will be small.

Tom
"Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote in message
> The same resolution, 1280 x 1024, on two different LCD monitors, one a 17"
> and the other a 19" with all settings the same, will the icons, fonts, and
> images be the EXACT same size or will they be a little bigger on the 19".
> Yes, I know that I will see more of the web page on the 19" but will the
> items contained in the web page be a little bigger.
>
> Similar question. Same 1024 x 768 resolution on two different monitors,
one
> a 15" LCD and the other a 17" CRT, I repeat, the second monitor is a CRT.
> Same thing, if measured with a ruler or something, would the icons and
> images be the exact same size. Thank you very much.
>

> --
> Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

"Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote in message
> Yes, I know that I will see more of the web page on the 19" but will the
> items contained in the web page be a little bigger.

The others have answered your question well. But you won't see any more
webpage on the 19" than on the 17". Resolution is resolution regardless of
the monitor size. A bigger monitor will show a "bigger" picture, though have
the exact same page content. You CAN change resolution on LCD monitors but
it will usually look horrible at anything other than it's "native"
resolution.

"Ricky W. Hunt" <rickywhunt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, I know that I will see more of the web page on the 19" but will the
> > items contained in the web page be a little bigger.
>
> The others have answered your question well. But you won't see any more
> webpage on the 19" than on the 17". Resolution is resolution regardless of
> the monitor size. A bigger monitor will show a "bigger" picture, though
have
> the exact same page content.

Not entirely. Don't forget the arch enemy of GUI designers: window's large
fonts vs. small fonts vs. huge fonts.

If both a 17" and 19" lcd are running 1280x1024, then with the 19" I can
reduce the font size to better approximate the sizes found on the 17". That
leaves smaller buttons, title bars, message fields, etc., which almost
always translates into being able to fit more onto the screen.