Elvis Video Mode

MattyB

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2005

This is the mode where you time your flipper hits to match a moving
arrow as it passes through the target window. Has anyone ever achieved
a perfect score? What happens?! Lights? Sound?, Massive points?
Matt B

mattyb wrote:
> This is the mode where you time your flipper hits to match a moving
> arrow as it passes through the target window. Has anyone ever achieved
> a perfect score? What happens?! Lights? Sound?, Massive points?
> Matt B

I wish there was a choice to cash out of that mode; or better yet, no
video mode at all (it'd be nice if the menu had: set video = default
points). I doubt I am the only one that feels that way-even among
owners of that pin.

Jeff

N8

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005

On my elvis, when you get to video mode, push the right flipper button
a few times and it will go to level 2, then level 3, on level three you
can accumulate over 10 million points

N8 wrote:
> On my elvis, when you get to video mode, push the right flipper button
> a few times and it will go to level 2, then level 3, on level three you
> can accumulate over 10 million points

I heard if you do "Da Butt" during the video mode, you can actually
score 20 million points. I own the machine and hate the video mode
Somebody please fix it!

Ed

that pretty much goes for any video mode on any machine, especially if
you have a nice flow going.

Jeff Palmer wrote:
> mattyb wrote:
> > This is the mode where you time your flipper hits to match a moving
> > arrow as it passes through the target window. Has anyone ever achieved
> > a perfect score? What happens?! Lights? Sound?, Massive points?
> > Matt B
>
> I wish there was a choice to cash out of that mode; or better yet, no
> video mode at all (it'd be nice if the menu had: set video = default
> points). I doubt I am the only one that feels that way-even among
> owners of that pin.
>
> Jeff

i dont know but the way it scores is odd.
i have had all perfect & 3 "good" on level 3 and the score was less
than when i had just a few perfects, some "bad"s and "good's on the
same level during another game.
yes if double scoring is lit you get double in vid mode too and i
realize that. but both times it was normal scoring.

I think the Video mode in the elvis is very lame, they could have done so
much more with it. Thats probably my only dissapointment in the game, other
than the translite artwork.

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

"i'm happy-talky-talking tina, here's your extra ball" <who_won@hotmail.com>
wrote in message
> i dont know but the way it scores is odd.
> i have had all perfect & 3 "good" on level 3 and the score was less
> than when i had just a few perfects, some "bad"s and "good's on the
> same level during another game.
> yes if double scoring is lit you get double in vid mode too and i
> realize that. but both times it was normal scoring.

That is your favorite video mode for dmds??? zoiks :)

Well, enjoy it :)

Jeff

pt

I'm not big on video modes either. Its not pinball. Its fun for a
lark, but there should always be a cash out choice too. I like the
video mode on ST*TNG, but it's an automatic artifact and 100M+ points
99.9% of the time. Video modes should not be that big an influence on
the final score in my opinion. ST*TNG should have a separate high
score for those who cash out through a whole game.

The Elvis video mode is ok at best...

John

I used to wish to cash out of the video mode, but it's grown on me to the
point where it's my favorite video mode for DMD pins. I enjoy playing it.

The syncopation on Level 3 is well done - I like how the "hit difficulty" in
terms of the music syncopation gets more complicated and subtle as the level
increases.

I now think that Keith did a great job on this (which should come as no
surprise).

-- Todd