Help finding DVD decoder?

August 8, 2005 11:36:50 AM

I have a Toshiba Tecra M3 laptop with an NVidia GeForce Go 6200 TE 64M/ 6600
TE 128M display card. I downloaded the NVidia DVD decoder plug-in for WMP
10. It doesn't work. I get no video or sound. It does see the DVD is
loaded. NVidia does not provide support for me. This is a company laptop
and I imagine they will not support my wanting a DVD decoder. Are there any
other DVD decoders I can use that should work?

Thanks,
Brett

More about : finding dvd decoder

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 9:06:35 PM

Brett wrote:
> I have a Toshiba Tecra M3 laptop with an NVidia GeForce Go 6200 TE 64M/ 6600
> TE 128M display card. I downloaded the NVidia DVD decoder plug-in for WMP
> 10. It doesn't work. I get no video or sound. It does see the DVD is
> loaded. NVidia does not provide support for me. This is a company laptop
> and I imagine they will not support my wanting a DVD decoder. Are there any
> other DVD decoders I can use that should work?

If you can get your hands on Nero, then try Nero VisionExpress, which
includes a DVD player which uses its own decoder. I don't believe it's a WMP
plugin, but at least you'll get DVD playback.

--
Thanks,

Martijn Saly
!