DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

August 8, 2005 12:05:03 PM

Hi:

Running Windows XP Professional. The following error appears as soon as I
connect my DSL cable to the computer:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP: 0x000000D1

When the DSL cable is not connected, the computer runs without any errors. I
use a variety of antiviral/anti-malware software and the computer remains
clean.

I would appreciate any assistance so I can surf the Internet again. I have
looked at Microsoft's articles and can't find a discussion as it pertains to
an Internet connection.

Thanks.

Adam

More about : driver irql equal

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 8:23:16 PM

Hi Adam

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - right hand column
(D1)

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"adam" <adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Running Windows XP Professional. The following error appears as soon as I
> connect my DSL cable to the computer:
>
> DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP: 0x000000D1
>
> When the DSL cable is not connected, the computer runs without any errors.
> use a variety of antiviral/anti-malware software and the computer remains
> clean.
>
> I would appreciate any assistance so I can surf the Internet again. I have
> looked at Microsoft's articles and can't find a discussion as it pertains
> an Internet connection.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Adam

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 8:23:17 PM

Take a look at this thread, see if anything seems like it could help,
http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=768643

news:o 9blb0CnFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi Adam
>
> Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - right hand
> column
> (D1)
>
> http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "adam" <adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi:
>>
>> Running Windows XP Professional. The following error appears as soon as I
>> connect my DSL cable to the computer:
>>
>> DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP: 0x000000D1
>>
>> When the DSL cable is not connected, the computer runs without any
>> errors. I
>> use a variety of antiviral/anti-malware software and the computer remains
>> clean.
>>
>> I would appreciate any assistance so I can surf the Internet again. I
>> have
>> looked at Microsoft's articles and can't find a discussion as it pertains
>> an Internet connection.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Adam

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 9:18:12 PM

adam wrote:
> Running Windows XP Professional. The following error appears as soon as I
> connect my DSL cable to the computer:
>
> DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP: 0x000000D1
>
> When the DSL cable is not connected, the computer runs without any errors. I
> use a variety of antiviral/anti-malware software and the computer remains
> clean.
>
> I would appreciate any assistance so I can surf the Internet again. I have
> looked at Microsoft's articles and can't find a discussion as it pertains to
> an Internet connection.

By DSL cable, I suppose you mean a regular network cable in a regular (or
onboard) network card? If so, then your network driver may be
malfunctioning, since your error code it usually the result of a bad driver.

But keep in mind that it doesn't have to be the network driver, it may well
be something that sits in the way of the network driver, so basically any
driver could be the culprit.

--
Thanks,

Martijn Saly