Gamerking00

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Hey guys, im new to the world of computers , and i need to know what to get , i want a computer for games like World of warcraft and games like Oblivion ( if you dont understand oblivion it is a type of game you guy for single player use mostly.) and also i want my computer for stuff like email, Videos , Ect . and there is just so much stuff i dont understand what to get , but i do want a good amount of memory, graphics, and speed for the computer i hate LAG. and the computer needs to be around...500$ maybe 600$ at the most and a Dell brand. lol so please message me if you find a good one , TY

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
You wont get a $600 Pc that will run Oblivion smoothly from a major retailer, With this budget I would consider a custom build, try and get a website, or a company that builds custom build computers to quote you on a basic gaming build.

I just recently had budget build quoted, and this is what I got:
Quote:

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 Motherboard - AMD Socket AM3+ / AM3 - AMD 990FX & SB950 Chipset - 4x DDR3-2000 - 5x PCIe x16, 1x PCIe x1 & 1x PCI - 8x SATA3 - 2x eSATA - 4x USB3.0 & 14x USB2.0 - 2x IEEE1394a - CrossFireX & SLI - 7.1 Channel Audio - Gigabit LAN – ATX
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_1207_803&products_id=17499
$205.00

Processor:
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (Thuban 6c)
3.3 GHz (Turbo 3.7 GHz), DDR3-1333, 3 MB L2, 6 MB L3

$215.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=187_345_1261&products_id=16268

Power supply:
CoolerMaster GX 750W PSU -
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_535&products_id=13525
$109.00

Case:
ANTEC DF-85 DARK FLEET Gaming Case Top-loaded 2.5 / 4 x External 3.5
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_733&products_id=14596
$179

Cpu cooler:

(I have one)

Hdd:
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210_344&products_id=16679
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Internal hard drive - 300 MBps - 7200 rpm

$59

Ram:
G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13931$65

Graphics:
XFX Radeon HD6950 2GB [HD-695X-CNFC]
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1179&products_id=17528
$309.00
2Gb Card

If you where to downgrade the Power supply, the Motherboard, and the case, and find a cheap cpu cooler, and a smaller Graphics card/Hdd you would be well on your way yo a cheaper build that will handle your games.

I hope this wasn't a punch in the face of information, Good Luck.

Gamerking00

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011

Well i saw a good computer http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/vostro-460/pd and does this seem pretty good? my friend said it should be pretty good for games and stuff.

The problem with computers that come from a company such as HP or Dell is that they really make computers more for business; building a computer yourself would be much better not because it would just be better overall, but it would be more purpose built.

To run games like that, you need some sort of graphics processing power. That being said, the 2nd generation Intel Core series has graphics build right into the processor. Generally, these graphics are not very good for any sort of gaming whatsoever; they are more business based (like running two monitors and presenting powerpoints).

The Dell website claims that they can put in "discrete ATI or Nvidia graphics" but usually these are at the lower end of the GPU performance spectrum and are, again, more for the people who do powerpoints and run multiple monitors.

If you want something to fit your needs, you can just build it; it honestly is not that hard. If you use a guide, you can get through it like a breeze. If you don't know a thing about computers at all and which components go where, you can get a barebones kit, which is basically a computer they send you in parts that will work together in unison, and usually all that you have to do is pick out your graphics card. Also, building your computer yourself just makes it look cooler and you can walk around and say "yea I build this myself"

Gamerking00

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alineware-Aura-desktop-/120803489049?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item1c2072f519

Alienware Aura and Saitek Eclipsee II for sale

need the money for school

Windows 7 ultimate

AMd Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200 + 2.70 GHz

4.00 GB

32-it Operating System

Blue leds, fast powerfull gaming computer, keyboard comes with three different color variations, red, blue, and purple

Laser-etched keys lend the keyboard an elegant, slightly menacing appearance. Fully adjustable, the glow can be tuned to the barest light or greatest glow. The cushioned keys are soft, quiet and smooth, and cause almost no stress to your fingertips

Media keys for volume control, play/pause and skip tracks

Processor Type:

AMD Athlon 64 X2

Gamerking00

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alienware-Voltaire-AAR2-1666CSB-Gaming-Desktop-Computer-/260882360164?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item3cbdcce764

Alienware Voltaire AAR2-1666CSB Gaming Desktop Computer

Core i5 2.8GHz 6GB RAM 1TB HD ATI Radeon 5670HD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONDITION

GOOD -MIGHT HAVE SMALL SCRATCHES ON THE CASING (PICTURES ARE NOT OF THE ACTUAL ITEM).

FRESHLY FORMATTED AND PRE-INSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM.

ALL HARDWARE WORKS PERFECTLY
COMPLETE WITH MOUSE + KEYBOARD + POWER CORD (NO MONITOR, NO SPEAKERS).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Features
•Intel® Core™ i5-760 processor
Features an 8MB cache and 2.8GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz.
•Intel® Core™ i5 processor
Features smart 4-way processing performance with a speed boost.
•Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Automatically speeds up your processor when your PC needs extra performance.
•6GB DDR3 SDRAM
For multitasking power, expandable to 16GB.
•Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer write support
Burn your digital media onto DVD and CD formats.
•1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
For fast read/write times.
•ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics
Feature up to 1GB video memory (2GB discrete) for lush images with stunning detail.
•2 IEEE 1394 (FireWire) ports and 8 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital data transfer and easy peripheral connectivity.
•Built-in Ethernet LAN
For flexible wired Web connectivity options.

Gamerking00

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Alright here is the Vostro 460..

The powerful, feature-packed Vostro™ 460 Mini Tower is designed to handle today’s toughest tasks while keeping you prepared for future needs.

Featuring 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors
Supports multiple monitors for seamless, efficient multitasking
Choose standard Intel® HD graphics or optional discrete graphics

Eye-popping visual performance
Bring your most demanding projects to life with help from amazing graphics that perform at speeds so fast you won’t want to blink. Choose from the capable integrated graphics card, or upgrade for an even more powerful experience.

Get more power from every pixel when you choose up to 1 GB* of blazing-fast NVIDIA® or ATI HD discrete graphics.
Your Vostro’s 350W power supply easily supports high-end graphic card and system updates.
Expand, organize and work on your data across multiple screens. With the Vostro 460, you can connect multiple displays at one time so you can view more and do more.
Relax after hours to enjoy games, online video or high-definition movies with the Vostro 460’s Blu-ray Disc™ drive and 7.1 HD sound.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( This is where i can upgrade it i think)

Expand on your own terms
As your business grows, your Vostro 460 can easily grow with it. Tool-less entry allows easy access to the four expansion slots, and a large 350W power supply means you’ll never run out of juice for high-end graphic cards and system upgrades.

Multitask to the max with up to 16 GB of fast DDR3 memory.Never run out of room for your work files or photos with the option to upgrade your hard-disk capacity.Quickly back up important files to an external hard drive with an optional USB 3.0 add-on card; and connect all your digital devices and office equipment with the eight USB ports.Set up your mini tower anywhere and easily connect to printers and servers with the built-in 802.11n wireless (optional).
Connect all your digital devices and office equipment with 8 USB ports.

Service and support you deserve
Help minimize your downtime with support that is convenient and easy to access right from your desktop. The Vostro 460 offers a suite of service and support solutions designed with your business in mind.

Choose your own level of 24x7 IT support with optional Dell ProSupport™ services.
Improve your system’s performance and gain access to important system-specific information by using the Dell Support Center pre-loaded application in your Vostro 460.
Protect your system from accidental damage, such as spills, drops and surges by adding Dell Accidental Damage Service to your system.
Get additional protection for your valuable data with optional Dell DataSafe™ Online Backup (not available in all regions).
Intel® CoreTM i7 (2600)
Intel® CoreTM i5 (2500, 2400)
Operating SystemHelp Me ChooseGenuine Windows® 7 Professional, 64bit ( I think this is stuff i can add to it?)
Genuine Windows® 7 Professional, 64bit with XP Mode Installed ( ya i think it is where i choose what stuff to add into it)
Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate, 64bit
Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate, 64bit with XP Mode Installed
Memory*

Up to 16GB* Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333Mhz - 4 DIMMS
Chipset
Intel® H67 Express
Video CardHelp Me ChooseIntel HD Graphics 2000 (VGA, HDMI)
AMD Radeon™ HD 6450 1GB DDR3 (DVI, VGA, HDMI)
1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 530 (DVI, VGA, HDMI)
AMD Radeon™ HD 6670 1GB DDR5 (DVI, VGA, HDMI)
Hard Drive Help Me ChooseUp to 1500GB* SATA hard drive (7200RPM)
Optical Drive
16X DVD-ROM Drive
16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double layer write capability
6x Blu-ray Disc™ (BD) Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD)
6x Blu-ray Disc™ (BD) Writer (Writes to BD/DVD/CD)
Connectivity
Integrated:
10/100/1000 Ethernet
Dell 1525 Wireless WLAN 11n PCIe Card - Optional
Ports, Slots & Chassis
Standard I/O Ports

USB: 8 external USB Ports (4 front, 4 back); 2 USB 3.0 via add-on cards
Audio: Six back-panel connectors: microphone-in, line-in, and 4 line-out to support 7.1 audio jack; two front-panel connectors for headphone-output and microphone-in
Other: HDMI, VGA port, S/PDIF connector, eSATA, RJ-45 (10/100/1000 Ethernet)

Expansion Slots

PCIe x1: 3Slots
PCIe x16 (Graphics): 1 Slot
3.5" Bays: 3 bays (1 external; 2 internal for Hard Disk Drives upgrades)
5.25" Bays: 2 bays (for Optical Disc Drives upgrades)

Chassis

Weight & Dimensions:
Height: 362.90 mm (14.29 inches) with system feet
Width: 175.00 mm (6.89 inches)
Depth: 445.00 mm (17.52 inches)
Weight: 9.66kg – 11.22kg (21.30 lbs - 24.74 lbs)
Multimedia
Dell 19-in-1 Media Card Reader (Optional)
Security
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Service (Up to 3 year subscription)
Physical security – Cable lock chassis security slot and padlock

Backup Options

DataSafe Online
Dell Backup and Recovery Manager
Power
Power Supply:
350W, 115/230VAC (Equipped with Selector Switch) 50/60Hz
Line Voltage:
100 ~ 240 V A.C 50~60Hz, Power 130W
Regulatory
Regulatory Model: D10M
Regulatory Type: D10M001
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment

Gamerking00

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011

t to ebay they got alot of gaming computer for under 700$ and above 1000$ should i be looking into this?

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

Yes, and Deemo13 expanded on the subject perfectly, Yes If your aren't comfortable in building your own PC Ebay is a good option. And the good thing with these Ebay builds is that if some are in a full tower case... you can easily upgrade your parts as you go.. and bring you knowledge up to speed with computers that way, rather than building a new unit from scratch by your self.

There are some good ones on Ebay for a really good price and even on craigslist, yet watch for some of them. Something like Gamerking00's Alienware were very good (and blisteringly expensive) when bought but now they are rather outdated and will not do much for you in the long run. You should look for something with a quad core or even quick dual-core. Stay away from older chips, as they will not keep up for the future.

As for graphics, using this chart

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card-gaming-performance,3042-7.html

You might not want to get anything that has below a 9800GT or 8800GT in performance. Anything below contains either outdated high-end graphics or current low-end graphics, only good for business (dual monitors, powerpoints, HD video and such)

Hard drives and storage are usually not an issue, since they can be upgraded easily. You may also want to look for a 64- bit operating system, which supports more RAM than 3.something gigs.

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Look for Phenom CPU and Ati GPU's, they usually provide a a better value as a second hand product these days, because Intel are winning the fight for now.. and with the bulldozer on the edge.. a few people would be selling their old AMD units, for make some dosh for the release of the new Bulldozer - DUE Whenever..

I would go for a AMD.. but thats just me..

Additional Information to consider when picking Intel/Amd..

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2164

Make sure you link us the value/spec's of the computer before you buy it, so we can tell you if she's any good :)

As "combat wombat" said, people are selling their Phenom and Phenom II computers, and alot of people build these machines and stuck Radeons and Phenoms in them, and now they are cheaper. Some good buys that some don't pick up on are the triple core AMD chips, they are rather good for baseline gaming and even some midrange. I know some of my buddies who have overclocked them and run like the latest games on the highest settings.

Also, because of the extreme value of the Radeon 6870, many are putting them in their systems. It is still one of the better cards on the market and can compete with the best.

If you buy off Craigslist though, make sure the guy is willing to let you test to see if it works as it should and has the RIGHT COMPONENTS AS CLAIMED. One of my friends bought one from Craigs under the impression it had a GTX 560 (he obviously didn't take me with him to look at it) and it actually had a GTX 460 instead. Be careful.

long live gaming

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Hi i'm a hardcore gamer and I bet I can help, don't really play much WOW or RPGs but I play many others such as Age of Empires and Empire earth and I know what your going through. If your bugget is under $600 then I suggest that you to get a laptop computer its way better than building one, I recomend a Gateway NV55C28U Refurbished Laptop they're under $450 and they're great for bought gaming and downloading apps and software without struggling with the speed, and it also has awesome graphics visit this site:

http://www.cheetahdeals.com/Gateway-NV55C28U-Refurbished-Laptop-p/l-lx.wsg02.022.htm

they have very good laptops and very cheap too.
The gateway computer has:
Blending premium performance with trendsetting style, the Gateway NV55C28u 15.6-inch laptop offers the smart performance of the Intel Core i3 processor, impressive graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium, the new Microsoft Office Starter 2010, and on-the-go connectivity so you can multitask with ease, keep up with your social networks and enjoy all your digital media from the comfort of your PC.
2.4 GHz Intel Core i3-370M dual-core processor
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
15.6" HD Widescreen Ultrabright LCD display
4GB DDR3 Memory
500 GB SATA hard drive
DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive
802.11b/g/n

Well hope that helped :) happy gaming.