Solved

Best Music Headsets Under 500$$???

Hi, I'm curious if there is any headset under 500$$ that has very very good sound quality+bass quality...Thanks.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best music headsets
  1. Best answer
    I haven't tried them personally but from what i read Sennheiser are some of the best headphones period. The HD 600 series is just over that at $515 but the HD595s are $330. Check it out Sennheiserusa.com, hope it helps!
  2. It is all relative to what kind of sound you prefers as many great headphones may sound different. I own HD595 (and I don't think they really cost $339 anymore I paid around $250 3 years ago) and they are some what neutral with open sound stage as if you're sitting front row of a concert hall.

I am confident that you will be able to find something excellent under $500 but HD600 and above for sennheisers will require you to have amps to get most out of them.

If this is your first time getting into audiophile-quality headphones, you don't have to spend alot of money to notice the difference coming from lets say apple earphones...

some of the headphones I went through/heard good stuff about are: Sennheiser HD280 pro, Sony MDR-V6, Sennheiser HD595, Grado SR60(i), Shure SRH-440, DENON AH-D2000(sounds the best with proper amp/dac but is not necessary; perhaps you can start without one and get one later).

I'd recommend HD280 pro or HD595 to start off with.
  3. eylee86 said:
    It is all relative to what kind of sound you prefers as many great headphones may sound different. I own HD595 (and I don't think they really cost $339 anymore I paid around $250 3 years ago) and they are some what neutral with open sound stage as if you're sitting front row of a concert hall.

I am confident that you will be able to find something excellent under $500 but HD600 and above for sennheisers will require you to have amps to get most out of them.

If this is your first time getting into audiophile-quality headphones, you don't have to spend alot of money to notice the difference coming from lets say apple earphones...

some of the headphones I went through/heard good stuff about are: Sennheiser HD280 pro, Sony MDR-V6, Sennheiser HD595, Grado SR60(i), Shure SRH-440, DENON AH-D2000(sounds the best with proper amp/dac but is not necessary; perhaps you can start without one and get one later).

I'd recommend HD280 pro or HD595 to start off with.

Where could I get an amp, or is it included?
  4. you'd have to get them separately. you'd have to research what kind of an amp to get for different headphones though, which I'm not that much into. So I can't help you much there. But as i said, with HD280 pro and HD595, you don't need an amp. if you want to get into audiophile stuff check out head-fi.org. they have more information than you could possibly digest.
  5. i hear the a40 amp from astro is great. I'm going to be picking 1 up along with teh a700 headphones, should sound pretty good.
  6. Best answer selected by halodude23.
Ask a new question

Read More

High-End Audio Gaming Headsets Music Audio