Empty taskbar even with programs open

My taskbar is broken.
I don't know what made it this way. i did a system restore, to a previous
point. i have never had any problems with my taskbar, except the propblem
started after i did the restore.
I can open many programs or windows, however when i go to the taskbar for
easy switching, it is empty! as though i have nothing open.
it is completely broken!
please help.
3 answers Last reply
More about empty taskbar programs open

    Hi Neil,

    Download and run this tweak:

    Programs arent minimised in the Taskbar (line 240, left column)

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    http://www.mvps.org

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My taskbar is broken.
    > I don't know what made it this way. i did a system restore, to a previous
    > point. i have never had any problems with my taskbar, except the propblem
    > started after i did the restore.
    > I can open many programs or windows, however when i go to the taskbar for
    > easy switching, it is empty! as though i have nothing open.
    > it is completely broken!
    > please help.

    That was brilliant!!!!!

    Thank you very much!
    you helped a lot! :)

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

    > Hi Neil,
    >
    > Download and run this tweak:
    >
    > Programs arent minimised in the Taskbar (line 240, left column)

    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >

    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My taskbar is broken.
    > > I don't know what made it this way. i did a system restore, to a previous
    > > point. i have never had any problems with my taskbar, except the propblem
    > > started after i did the restore.
    > > I can open many programs or windows, however when i go to the taskbar for
    > > easy switching, it is empty! as though i have nothing open.
    > > it is completely broken!
    > > please help.

    You are welcome !

    --

    > That was brilliant!!!!!
    >
    > Thank you very much!
    > you helped a lot! :)
    >
    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Neil,
    >>
    >> Download and run this tweak:
    >>
    >> Programs arent minimised in the Taskbar (line 240, left column)
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Anando
    >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >> http://www.mvps.org
    >>

    >> Folder customizations
    >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>
    >> Protect your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>

    >> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > My taskbar is broken.
    >> > I don't know what made it this way. i did a system restore, to a previous
    >> > point. i have never had any problems with my taskbar, except the propblem
    >> > started after i did the restore.
    >> > I can open many programs or windows, however when i go to the taskbar for
    >> > easy switching, it is empty! as though i have nothing open.
    >> > it is completely broken!
    >> > please help.

Taskbar Microsoft System Restore Windows XP