Default sizes of windows driving me nuts again

My IE windows keep opening at slightly less than max. I know there is
a trick to resize the window manually and then close it. But it still
opens at less-than-max size.

I've also tried opening a second window and manually resizing it and
then closing the first window then the second. It still doesn't fix
it.
8 answers Last reply
More about default sizes windows driving nuts again

    First, *close all other windows*. Now, grab the corners of the window and
    drag it to full screen size. Close the window using File>Close, or File>Exit
    depending what program you're in. Windows will remember the last screen size
    used the next time you open the program.

    If that doesn't do the job, check out these free downloads.

    Windows Maximizer:
    http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/download.asp

    Windows AutoSizer:
    http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/

    IE Window maximizer utility:

    Bruce Hagen
    MS MVP - (IE/OE)
    ~IB-CA~

    "Richard Fangnail" <richardfangnail@excite.com> wrote in message
    > My IE windows keep opening at slightly less than max. I know there is
    > a trick to resize the window manually and then close it. But it still
    > opens at less-than-max size.
    >
    > I've also tried opening a second window and manually resizing it and
    > then closing the first window then the second. It still doesn't fix
    > it.

    Let me add that when I first open the first IE window (I have XP by the
    way), it is the size I want. But If I then say File>New>Window, the
    new window is slightly-smaller-than-max. I have tried stretching the
    second window but as I said, it keeps coming up less than max.

    A note: is there a way to find the dimensions of a current window? I
    could alt-printscreen and use Paint to measure it but there may be a
    simpler way.

    You have to close the other windows first and then stretch it and close it.
    --

    > Let me add that when I first open the first IE window (I have XP by the
    > way), it is the size I want. But If I then say File>New>Window, the
    > new window is slightly-smaller-than-max. I have tried stretching the
    > second window but as I said, it keeps coming up less than max.
    >
    > A note: is there a way to find the dimensions of a current window? I
    > could alt-printscreen and use Paint to measure it but there may be a
    > simpler way.

    It doesn't appear to be working with the new window still opening
    slightly smaller.
    The desktop icon property does work.

    I've done that but it doesn't work.

    The funny thing is, I've solved the same problem before, the same way!

    Richard Fangnail wrote:
    > My IE windows keep opening at slightly less than max. I know there is
    > a trick to resize the window manually and then close it. But it still
    > opens at less-than-max size.
    >
    > I've also tried opening a second window and manually resizing it and
    > then closing the first window then the second. It still doesn't fix
    > it.

    The resized window *must* be the last IE window closed. Some users will
    need to depress CTRL key while closing or use File > Exit. [Or just use:
    http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/]

    Might you be running IE7 Beta 1?
    --
    ~PA Bear

    Richard Fangnail wrote:
    > I've done that but it doesn't work.
    >
    > The funny thing is, I've solved the same problem before, the same way!
    >
    > PA Bear wrote:
    > > See http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/answers.htm#new_window_max
    > > --
    > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Hello Richard,

    Whichever shortcut you are using to launch IE, right click it, and select proeprties. Under the
    'Run' drop-down, choose "Maximised".

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Richard Fangnail" <richardfangnail@excite.com> wrote in message
    > My IE windows keep opening at slightly less than max. I know there is
    > a trick to resize the window manually and then close it. But it still
    > opens at less-than-max size.
    >
    > I've also tried opening a second window and manually resizing it and
    > then closing the first window then the second. It still doesn't fix
    > it.

Default Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP