Dell inspiron n5010 startup problem

skb371

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
I have DELL INSPIRON N5010, It takes too much time to getting start.
I formatted it 4 times, but again and again the same problem occurs.
After getting it formatted, it works normally 1 day, but after that it takes 25 - 30 minutes for starting.

please help me............

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

Go into the BIOS (F2 key) and make sure "Fast Boot" is enabled. This option is explained in the BIOS.

After that, download "HD Tune" and run it. It will tell you the condition of the hard disk.

pinkfloyd1972

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
i have the same laptop dell inspiron n5010 i update the bios but in bios screen there is not fast boot line
only thirst boot devise seconcd etc. is there a way to install fast boot line in my bios
thanks

Some Dells have fast boot. Another way to get the system to boot faster is to disable unnecessary programs from being loaded upon startup. Disable, not delete.

pinkfloyd1972

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
i allready done many things from registry and msconfig to make my pc faster without any program but for start up speed not big things to make it faster ,when i bye mylaptop in october the startup time contain about 20 ,25 sec now 40 sec its not big deal
but i like to extend my knowledge about pc as computer programer sound,image and video(i dont do it this work in greece starnge country you know)
,if you have a program to suggest about start up speed...thank you for your time

Disable (not delete) all startup programs in the startup folder, and see by how much the startup time is reduced. There is an option for "Disable all" at the bottom of the dialog box.