Remote Desktop

My remote desktop client is not connecting the local disk drives.. It was
doing it until last week.. I remember doing a XP patch.. Is there a know
issue going on?

Thanks
Vijay
5 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop

    Hello,

    Launch the Remote Desktop client and flip to the local resources tab and put a check next to 'Local
    disk drives'

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uAZVAmDnFHA.1468@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > My remote desktop client is not connecting the local disk drives.. It was doing it until last
    > week.. I remember doing a XP patch.. Is there a know issue going on?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Vijay

    I have that checked. It still does not work. It was working until last
    week...

    Vijay

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Launch the Remote Desktop client and flip to the local resources tab and
    > put a check next to 'Local disk drives'
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >

    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> My remote desktop client is not connecting the local disk drives.. It was
    >> doing it until last week.. I remember doing a XP patch.. Is there a know
    >> issue going on?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Vijay

    You might want to go through the list of changes that have been ijmplemented with Windows XP SP2

    List of Remote Desktop fixes in Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838202

    --

    "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23WT4itDnFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    >I have that checked. It still does not work. It was working until last week...
    >
    > Vijay
    >
    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Launch the Remote Desktop client and flip to the local resources tab and put a check next to
    >> 'Local disk drives'
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Anando
    >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >> http://www.mvps.org
    >>

    >> Folder customizations
    >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>
    >> Protect your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>

    >> "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uAZVAmDnFHA.1468@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    >>> My remote desktop client is not connecting the local disk drives.. It was doing it until last
    >>> week.. I remember doing a XP patch.. Is there a know issue going on?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Vijay

    I have had XP SP2 for like 4-5 months.. ,
    a automatic update that I did last week might have corrupted the program. I
    am not able to trace to it.

    VJ

    > You might want to go through the list of changes that have been
    > ijmplemented with Windows XP SP2
    >
    > List of Remote Desktop fixes in Windows XP Service Pack 2
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838202
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >

    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>I have that checked. It still does not work. It was working until last
    >>week...
    >>
    >> Vijay
    >>
    >> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> Launch the Remote Desktop client and flip to the local resources tab and
    >>> put a check next to 'Local disk drives'
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Anando
    >>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >>> http://www.mvps.org
    >>>

    >>> Folder customizations
    >>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>>
    >>> Protect your PC!
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>>

    >>> "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    Hi Vijay,

    I am sorry but i have not come across this issue before. Running three machines here (Professional,
    Tablet PC, MCE) with all the latest patches, but i have no problems with Remote Desktop. Good luck !

    --

    "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u2A1aBGnFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    >I have had XP SP2 for like 4-5 months.. ,
    > a automatic update that I did last week might have corrupted the program. I am not able to trace
    > to it.
    >
    > VJ
    >
    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message news:O0nWj5DnFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    >> You might want to go through the list of changes that have been ijmplemented with Windows XP SP2
    >>
    >> List of Remote Desktop fixes in Windows XP Service Pack 2
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838202
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Anando
    >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >> http://www.mvps.org
    >>

    >> Folder customizations
    >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>
    >> Protect your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>

    >> "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23WT4itDnFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    >>>I have that checked. It still does not work. It was working until last week...
    >>>
    >>> Vijay
    >>>
    >>> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message

Remote Desktop Microsoft Disk Drives Windows XP