Remote Desktop

August 8, 2005 3:51:59 PM

My remote desktop client is not connecting the local disk drives.. It was
doing it until last week.. I remember doing a XP patch.. Is there a know
issue going on?

Thanks
Vijay

More about : remote desktop

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 5:59:01 PM

Hello,

Launch the Remote Desktop client and flip to the local resources tab and put a check next to 'Local
disk drives'

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uAZVAmDnFHA.1468@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> My remote desktop client is not connecting the local disk drives.. It was doing it until last
> week.. I remember doing a XP patch.. Is there a know issue going on?
>
> Thanks
> Vijay

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 5:59:02 PM

I have that checked. It still does not work. It was working until last
week...

Vijay

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Launch the Remote Desktop client and flip to the local resources tab and
> put a check next to 'Local disk drives'
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>

> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> My remote desktop client is not connecting the local disk drives.. It was
>> doing it until last week.. I remember doing a XP patch.. Is there a know
>> issue going on?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Vijay

August 8, 2005 6:27:07 PM

You might want to go through the list of changes that have been ijmplemented with Windows XP SP2

List of Remote Desktop fixes in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838202

--

"VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23WT4itDnFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I have that checked. It still does not work. It was working until last week...
>
> Vijay
>
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> Launch the Remote Desktop client and flip to the local resources tab and put a check next to
>> 'Local disk drives'
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>

>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uAZVAmDnFHA.1468@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> My remote desktop client is not connecting the local disk drives.. It was doing it until last
>>> week.. I remember doing a XP patch.. Is there a know issue going on?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Vijay

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 8:30:06 PM

I have had XP SP2 for like 4-5 months.. ,
a automatic update that I did last week might have corrupted the program. I
am not able to trace to it.

VJ

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o 0nWj5DnFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> You might want to go through the list of changes that have been
> ijmplemented with Windows XP SP2
>
> List of Remote Desktop fixes in Windows XP Service Pack 2
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838202
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>

> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I have that checked. It still does not work. It was working until last
>>week...
>>
>> Vijay
>>
>> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Launch the Remote Desktop client and flip to the local resources tab and
>>> put a check next to 'Local disk drives'
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Anando
>>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>> http://www.mvps.org
>>>

>>> Folder customizations
>>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>>
>>> Protect your PC!
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>>

>>> "VJ" <vijaybalki@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:11:20 PM

Hi Vijay,

I am sorry but i have not come across this issue before. Running three machines here (Professional,
Tablet PC, MCE) with all the latest patches, but i have no problems with Remote Desktop. Good luck !

--

!